Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Third time now......I go to look at photos and an image is corrupt, or an app wont run....I can get some of the data off but then it is reformat and start again!

    Very annoying. It is a 45x 1GB PQI card.

    Anyone else?
  2. #2  
    I have similar problems as you. I have the same card. It starts with corrupt photos, then Pocket Tunes would skip then treo resets. I format the card and start over. OK for a while and the corruption would start again. I also get NVFS error messages when opening apps moved to SD card that used to work.



    Quote Originally Posted by boxall
    Third time now......I go to look at photos and an image is corrupt, or an app wont run....I can get some of the data off but then it is reformat and start again!

    Very annoying. It is a 45x 1GB PQI card.

    Anyone else?
  3. #3  
    How long would it take for corruption?

    I use a Sandisk 1GB card and it works fine. I did notice that a playlist became corrupted but other than that I have used the card a lot without issue (that I know of at least.)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HKeleher
    How long would it take for corruption?

    I use a Sandisk 1GB card and it works fine. I did notice that a playlist became corrupted but other than that I have used the card a lot without issue (that I know of at least.)
    Couple of weeks....first sign this time was one photo could no tlonger be read.....wonder if it is the card or my Treo.
  5. #5  
    Used a 1GB San Disk SD card for three months with no problem. (Gave that one to my daughter.)

    Now on my 3rd week with a 2GB San Disk SD card -- no problems.

    Two users of the same brand and model of card do not make a conclusive pattern -- but I am suspecting your cards vs. your Treos.
  6. #6  
    I've had several cards including a 1 GB and I've never had a corrupt card w/ my Treo. I'd blame this one on the card. Exchange it for something else. I've always questioned PQI's quality.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
  7. #7  
    First of all, PQI doesn't manufacture SD cards, they just rebrand them - there are just 3 manufacturers: Panasonic, Sandisk and Toshiba.

    I've been using, without incident, a PQI-branded 1GB card for about 4 months, first in my T3 and now in my unlocked GSM T650.
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 05/23/2005 at 08:48 AM.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    First of all, PQI doesn't manufacture SD cards, they just rebrand them - there are just 3 manufacturers: Panasonic, Sandisk and Toshiba.

    I've been using, without incident, a PQI-branded 1GB card for about 4 months, first in my T3 and now in my unlocked GSM T650.
    Hmmmm....I should've known this. Bad batch?
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
  9.    #9  
    I will chase the ebay seller as he says it has a 5 year warranty.
  10. #10  
    They'll probably send you to the manufacturer.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
  11.    #11  
    Think that is what will happen. IF they ever contact me.

Posting Permissions