1.    #1  
    I bought a Jabra A210 adapter for my 600 and a BT110 headset from ebay. I'm having a lot of problems with background noise in my calls. Callers describe the calls as very loud and can hear every little background noise (seat belt clicking, turn signals, etc.) Even when I whisper they describe it as loud.

I changed the A210 from Selection 3 to Selection 2 which helps somewhat, but it still is at the point where it cannot be used. Any suggestions? Is it the A210 or my BT110?
    I would hazard a guess that it is the headset, not the adapter itself. I started out with a Motorola HS820 and a little while ago went down to CompUSA and exchanged it for a Logitech Mobile Freedom Headset. The reason - wind and noise reduction. Here in Honolulu, Hi, the land of "damn, another stinkinly beautiful day," the windows in the car are always down and that results in noise. The gain on these things...

The Logitech does do a bit better with background/wind noise.

My wife wants an A210 for her cell phone...

Ben
  3.    #3  
    I accidently (Ebay bidding frenzy) bought 2 A210s. They both work fine - one is yours (or anyone else's for $30 + actual shipping). A210 only, no box or manual.
    Darn! I just purchased one for her on eBay...

Re the headset, the Logitech Freedom headset sounds good, takes a moment longer to connect, reduced noise, but the ear piece itself is going to take a bit of getting use to. It also paired quicker than the HS820.

Again, thank you, but I done did the deed.

Take care. Ben
  5.    #5  
    No problem - I think I am going to buy an additional headset and use one on my office phone and keep the new one for the treo (my office phone takes an 1/8mm jack as well.

Also, I figured out what to do to help the problem. It appears that the setting on the A210 changes how much the microphone picks up. Setting 1 which is identified for Motorola phones is the lowest, while setting 3 is the highest. Moving to setting 2 got a little better, and then setting 1 works the best for me.

I tested it and my wife told me it was a little too quiet, but much better than having to stand back from the phone like she did when it was on setting 3, and slightly better than setting 2 even though it wasn't as loud on her side.
    Are you still interested in selling your second Jabra A210?

Ben

-------------------

Quote Originally Posted by astroz
    No problem - I think I am going to buy an additional headset and use one on my office phone and keep the new one for the treo (my office phone takes an 1/8mm jack as well.

Also, I figured out what to do to help the problem. It appears that the setting on the A210 changes how much the microphone picks up. Setting 1 which is identified for Motorola phones is the lowest, while setting 3 is the highest. Moving to setting 2 got a little better, and then setting 1 works the best for me.

I tested it and my wife told me it was a little too quiet, but much better than having to stand back from the phone like she did when it was on setting 3, and slightly better than setting 2 even though it wasn't as loud on her side.
  7.    #7  
    Yes, I have two, so one is extra. YGPM
    I'm waiting a response....................................

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by astroz
    Yes, I have two, so one is extra. YGPM