1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I currently use a Treo 650, and have never used a BB at all, so I know very little about them at all.

I plan on getting a BB 7290, that I will switch back and forth between with my Treo 650.

So, my question is this:

Can I sync my Treo data to my BB, and vice versa?

meaning would I successfully be able to sync my Contacts, ToDo list, Tasks, Calender, between the two?

Would I lose anything (when going Treo to BB, and BB to Treo)? Like caller ID pics, Alarms, Categories, etc. (I don't even know if the 7290 has Tasks & ToDos, I am a complete n00b when it comes to BB)

Any info would be great. Thanks.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
  2.    #2  
    So, no one here has Any experience using both a Treo and a BB?
    Soylent Green Is People

BB and Treo can't directly exchange data - the typical BB user also uses a groupware application like Outlook/Exchange (or Notes), so if your Treo will also connect to Exchange, then you can have them both syncing to Exchange.

And if you don't use Exchange, or some other central repository of data, then you're hosed.
  4.    #4  
    I have outlook on my comp. and could easily sync to that, instead of Palm Desktop.

Is that what you mean?
    Soylent Green Is People

Nope - I mean using Exchange, from a corporate standpoint.

Most BB users work for a company where the BB device connects to their internal email/calendar/contact server (such as Microsoft Exchange, or Lotus Domino), and that's how the data gets passed to the BB unit itself.

If that's not your situation, then you're hosed, I think. You must be planning to use the BB Web Client? Meaning - you're not going to use the Blackberry Server - is that right? If that's case, then maybe the Web Client has some sort of export mode, where you could then import that data into the Palm Desktop, but that will be a pain eventually.

Why not just one or the other?
  6.    #6  
    Like I said in my original post, I know next to nothing about BBs.

But, you seem to be implying that the BBs have no way (asside from OTA) to sync data to a computer? that cant be. like if I enter something in my todo list, the only way to get that item onto my computer is using data?

why both? There is no way I would give up my Treo, but I am a phone Junky, I currently have 13 phones that I use, and I just got offered a very good deal on a BB7290 so I want to try it out.
    Soylent Green Is People