1.    #1  
    My company uses Groupwise and I have GW 6.5 on my computer. I have no idea of what the settings are to try and add this to my Treo 650. I get yahoo mail fine with versamail. I really need to get my company email. If you can help it would be greatlly appreciated.

Thanks,
    does groupwise support imap and pop? If so, is it exposed through the firewall?
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    My workplace uses groupwise and it supports POP3, so I can access my email that way.
    Pilottreo1
    Quote Originally Posted by nathandunn
    My company uses Groupwise and I have GW 6.5 on my computer. I have no idea of what the settings are to try and add this to my Treo 650. I get yahoo mail fine with versamail. I really need to get my company email. If you can help it would be greatlly appreciated.

Thanks,
    I am working on this same issue with my IT guys. Evidently, Groupwise is a kind of IMAP client. If your IT guys can give you the imap settings (and at least for me, they have to open up something on the firewall for me to download my messages) then you can configure it for versamail, snapper, chatter...any client that supports IMAP.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    GroupWise will work okay with IMAP and VersaMail - however, until GroupWise 7 comes out this summer the GroupWise IMAP server gets confused by things like Chatter and SnapperMail. The IMAP server was designed before clients started sending a lot of "batch" commands. So, if you are using GW 6.5 or earlier you need to stick to POP3 or a less sophisticated IMAP client like VersaMail.

Also, there are third party apps that will work with GW - I've tried NotifyLink, and if you are not wanting to move a lot of mail to folders from the Treo it works very nicely. Essentially, the only email client you can use with GroupWise 6.5 or earlier that allows you access to your folders without some issues is VersaMail.

You can also get to WebAccess via your browser. I assume your WebAccess is SSL enabled (if not, nag your admin <g>), so going to https://yourserver/servlet/webacc in Blazer will get you to WebAccess on the Treo as well. I use it sometimes to check weird HTML emails, or get to attachment types that aren't easily viewed in the mail clients, etc. Of course, if your webaccess is not SSL, you can just go to http: . . . .

Danita
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    My company uses Groupwise 6.5 IMAP server, and I've had no problem using either Chatter ( although no "push") or Snapper (Enterprise). Earlier versions of Snapper 2 had some probs with the GW server, but none with the current version (2.2.6). You just need to get the IP address for the IMAP server from your IT guys. SMTP (outgoing mail) should work also, with authentication.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amell
    My company uses Groupwise 6.5 IMAP server, and I've had no problem using either Chatter ( although no "push") or Snapper (Enterprise).
    Although there are many functions that will work just fine with Snapper and Chatter on the GW 6.5 server, Snapper, Chatter and Novell are all aware of the issues with the GW server, and Snapper and Chatter have both been very cooperative in assisting the Novell developers to find out just what the issues are. However, even with the most recent version of Snapper, there are problems. If you send more than a few changes to the server at once (mark a couple of messages read, move a message to a folder, delete a message) all in the same session, something in that list won't actually happen.

Snapper has the issue documented here , and Novell has a bug opened for this issue with GW 6.5. I'm not sure if Marc has it "documented" anywhere, but he's discussed it with me and the engineers over time. In any event, I wouldn't want people to think that there are "no" problems with this configuration, even though most "routine" commands work fine if done in moderation. I had even gotten into the habit with Snapper to only read two messages at a time and then resync just to be safe <g>. It will be fixed in GroupWise 7 - now the only thing we're waiting to hear is if this fix can be regressed back to GW 6.5, since there is a fair amount of code change in order to "fix" the issue.

Danita
    www.caledonia.net
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Haven't had such a problem. I routine flag or delete 5 or 6 messages before a sync, without trouble, but haven't pushed it beyond that. What does happen occasionally is I have a message in my mailbox, usually with a huge recipient list, which hangs up the syncing - have to run a "bug" log to find the culprit.
    On another matter, I wonder if anyone knows whether anyone's GroupWise server has the IDLE function (for "push" with Chatter) - mine doesn't.