Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I just got my 650 for Verizon and had a Parrot ck 3100 installed in my car. The Parrot has the latest version of its software.

    When the phone goes into the car with the bluetooth antenna on, about 20% of the time, the sync will work, the device will pair and there are no issues.

    About20% o the time, the device will start to sync and pair, then the device will reset several times before working.

    The remaining 60% of the time, the device resets in an infinite loop until I disable the bluetooth antenna.

    Interestingly, if the antenna is off when I get in the car and manually pair the device, it seems to work, provided that I push the knob on the Parrot unit in once.

    I have no issues using a Cardo Scala earpiece outside of the car.

    I called Parrot, and they said such a problem is a known bug with 650s and to download the car kit patch.

    Palm says all patches are service provider specific and VZW has not issued one (obviously) and that I am running the latest/only version of the Treo software for Verizon.

    Verizon tech support would have an easier time understanding my problem if it were spoken in Klingon.

    I am new to this forum, so if this has been discussed, please point me in the right place? Are there hacks to address this? Will the Sprint car kit patch work? Am I basically F^#!ed?

    FYI, I am only running Goodlink and default Treo Aps. I had other stuff on the device but did a hard reset to see if there were any conflicts but have not reinstalled any of the other software.

    Thanks,
    Scott
  2. #2  
    Scott,

    I only have experience with using BT headsets (I have two), but I think you are going to find overall that the 650 BT implementation is very lacking. Long delays for connections, not connecting, not answering calls, bad reception, inconsistent use of BT buttons, etc.

    My only other data point is the wife's Motorola phone with BT. It is much more usable -- in all respects. I think it is also BT 1.2 while the 650 is 1.1.

    YMMV,

    Glenn
  3. #3  
    I am going to guess that BT 1.1 > 1.2 is a hardware and not a software thing, yes? :-\
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic
    BT 1.1 > 1.2 is a hardware and not a software thing
    Technically, it's a firmware thing. Supposedly, the BT chip in the 650 can be flashed to 1.2. The general concensus is that P1 isn't going to do it anytime soon, if ever.
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  5. #5  
    Scott,

    I just got my CK3100 installed today and I was initially having similar problems. Just on a hunch I decided to set bluetooth on my 650 to discoverable to see if that would help. I haven't had any issues since. Granted it's only been a day, but it seems to have definately made a difference. I'm guessing that it might be something to do with which device attempts to connect first.

    Jeff
  6.    #6  
    Beavis,

    I have had it set to discoverable, and the problem persists. This morning I turned off BT, then turned it on and re-paired. Same issues. I tried about 20 min. later and it worked.

    Anyone have any ideas about (1) If I dare try the Sprint car kit patch or (2) there is a BT1.2 flash or other hack out there to try?
  7. #7  
    Scott,

    My problems returned after that one day of success. I did some digging here in the various Parrot threads and found this one: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=ck3100

    If you read about halfway through you'll find the solution. The short version is that you cannot have any favorites for phone numbers that contain pauses. For whatever reason that causes the constant resets. I just deleted the one favorite I had with a pause in it and the 650 and CK3100 seem to be friends again.

    Jeff
  8.    #8  
    I took out the pause characters, and the pairing/synching works about 95% of the time. Thanks.

    Now, if I could get my Scala to not start causing problems like freezing my touch screen or muting the phone, I am in business.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sfscott
    I took out the pause characters, and the pairing/synching works about 95% of the time. Thanks.

    Now, if I could get my Scala to not start causing problems like freezing my touch screen or muting the phone, I am in business.
    I have come to the conclusion that BT with a headset on the Treo is basically unusable at this point. Sometimtes it locks up the screen, often it just doesn't xfer calls, and when it does, it takes so long. I have also had the mute problem on occasion. I am hoping a new firmware can address some of this.

Posting Permissions