Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    XM radio is available on the internet if you are a subscriber. Is there a way to go to their website on the Treo and listen. (Pocketunes?)
    Dennis G. Esler
    ptunes doesn't support the format used by xm to stream
    I was trying the same thing with Sirus.

Just use http://www.shoutcast.com/ it works great for me and never drops. Lower the bitrate the better connection, but lower sound quality.
    XM on a Treo 650?
    That would be heaven!
    I plan on recording some XM programming, then putting it on a SD card for a future flight.
    Are there any versions of shoutcast.com reformatted for viewing on Blazer? The website looks pretty ugly in Blazer and navigating it to try and find what you want to listen to can be cumbersome.
    Quote Originally Posted by RecklessOne
    Are there any versions of shoutcast.com reformatted for viewing on Blazer? The website looks pretty ugly in Blazer and navigating it to try and find what you want to listen to can be cumbersome.
    I ran across an interesting web site that helps with these issues (I actually heard about it on the Blackberry Forum http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/redface.gif ). It is...

www.skweezer.net

This site "squeezes" normal size web pages to fit in your PDA browser. It definitely makes things much more useful. On a separate note, I have seen threads on other Shoutcast launch sites, so maybe a search will help there. Good luck...
    KitMoni
    Quote Originally Posted by RecklessOne
    Yes, http://mobile.treobits.com.
    Can you "Tune In" to the radio stations by clicking the button for the station? When I click it is asks to save to Application or Card, I choose Application, then it asks if I want to Save or Save and Open, I choose Save and Open then get: Error: Database: can't find (0X0207).

The only way I've been able to get Internet music to stream through PTunes is to use my PC to Tune In and copy the IP address then put that in PTunes. Kind of cumbersome process, am I missing something??
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Souren
    Can you "Tune In" to the radio stations by clicking the button for the station? When I click it is asks to save to Application or Card, I choose Application, then it asks if I want to Save or Save and Open, I choose Save and Open then get: Error: Database: can't find (0X0207).

The only way I've been able to get Internet music to stream through PTunes is to use my PC to Tune In and copy the IP address then put that in PTunes. Kind of cumbersome process, am I missing something??
    Thanks.
    This is either a low memory problem or a corrupted Unsaved Preferences problem. There is a procedure documented by palmOne for the corrupted preferences problem.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W....tem,CASE=6885

If the link doesn't work, then go to http://kb.palmone.com and enter Solution ID 6885.
    PPC cant do it either so most of us are not alone.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I just click listen and then save and open and ptunes starts playing it. I then add it as a bookmark and can easily access it later via bookmarks in ptunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kitmoni
    I ran across an interesting web site that helps with these issues (I actually heard about it on the Blackberry Forum http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/redface.gif ). It is...

www.skweezer.net

This site "squeezes" normal size web pages to fit in your PDA browser. It definitely makes things much more useful. On a separate note, I have seen threads on other Shoutcast launch sites, so maybe a search will help there. Good luck...
    Nice Find! I've been trying to get the local winter road conditions website http://www.nevadadot.com/traveler/roads/winter/ to come up in Blazer with no success (page formating errors I assume). It comes up when going through Skweezer!

I doubt you're going to get XM Radio to come up on the Treo since it uses a special player launched in Internet Explorer.

FWIW, my default mp3 player on my computer is iTunes. When I click a Shoutcast feed it launches iTunes and plays the Shoutcast station. If you right click on the station and select "Get Info" under the Summary tab it will show you the exact URL to enter into pTunes on your Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by scouter075
    XM radio is available on the internet if you are a subscriber. Is there a way to go to their website on the Treo and listen. (Pocketunes?)
    There is a clunky solution to get XM (or Sirius) on the Treo, though not in real time. First, you have record the Sat feed on your PC via the TimeTrax software AND hardware (it does not currently work with XM online). TT records songs/shows and stores them in separate MP3 or WAV files on your PC. You can then move the files to an SD card and take it with you. You could, presumably, use one of the available internet applications to access the audio files on your PC (perhaps you could set up a Shoutcast/PTunes feed, though you may be on dicey legal ground if your broadcast is available to anyone else). I haven't tried this (mainly because I don't want to buy the extra TT hardware), but it should work.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scouter075
    Yes. Set up a shoutcast server on your PC, then stream the XM radio over your shoucast station and play it on your treo in real time with Pocket Tunes. If you want to change the settings on your PC, remotely, use a program such as VNC (free) to control your PC remotely.

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobh
    Yes. Set up a shoutcast server on your PC, then stream the XM radio over your shoucast station and play it on your treo in real time with Pocket Tunes. If you want to change the settings on your PC, remotely, use a program such as VNC (free) to control your PC remotely.

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    Yep, I was listening to O&A at the airport today. 32k shoutcast streams work very well.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    If you have a Mac, here's a Nerd Vittles article that will tell you everything you need to know about streaming XM Radio to your Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by butreo
    I was trying the same thing with Sirus.

Just use http://www.shoutcast.com/ it works great for me and never drops. Lower the bitrate the better connection, but lower sound quality.
    man this site is awsome..
    What is the best shoutcast player for a windows machine?
    Quote Originally Posted by sincitymedic
    What is the best shoutcast player for a windows machine?
    winamp......
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    Yep, I was listening to O&A at the airport today. 32k shoutcast streams work very well.
    What address lets you listen to O&A?? Anyone have a good Howard Stern link?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast