1.    #1  
    I took the sim out of a blackberry and put into the 650, I put in proxy for the apn and left everything else blank. It works fine but will I be charged for data?
    Wow, you got the data to work on the Treo with an ATT SIM card from a BlackBerry? I couldn't get my ATT SIM (originally from the BlackBerry) to work in my unlocked Treo GSM at all - and Cingular says that the data accounts are different with a Blackberry and other data-based GSM phones. Did you do anything special? Did you create a new ATT network account within the Treo? What settings did you use besides the proxy: apn?
  3.    #3  
    No I just went in to the network settings created GPRS copy and put proxy in the APN left everything else blank and it works like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    No I just went in to the network settings created GPRS copy and put proxy in the APN left everything else blank and it works like a charm.
    Weird. I went through this whole drill a month ago and it didn't work at all. I did the GPRS copy with the ATT settings you mentioned above. No good. I called Cingular and spoke with their Blackberry/Treo unit. They said that the data plan need to be changed from Blackberry-centric to the standard GSM data plan.

HOWEVER, based on your message, I tried it again today (I still had the old settings in the Treo). And it WORKED!!! They must have changed something in the last month? Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

By the way, to answer your original question, you might be charged for data based on what your ATT plan was. But you'd better call Cingular directly just to find out for sure.
  5.    #5  
    Great. Just have the Blackberry plan and no data. I borrowed it out of one of our blackberrys at work. Don't want the boss to get a big bill.