Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I tried to bean a contact to a friend last night and coundn't. I checked his preferences and the turned the Beam Reveive on from off and it still would not work. Any suggestions? He is on a Sprint 600 and I have a Cingular 650. Also he could not beam to me.

Late last night he called and said that his phone would not charge and wanted to know what setting I changed. He is on a Sprint 600 and I have a Cingular 650.

Thanks,
    jOHN
    I can't help you with your problem, except to say that I have successfully beamed programs (not contacts) back and forth between a Sprint Treo 600 and a Cingular Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by light3944
    Late last night he called and said that his phone would not charge and wanted to know what setting I changed. He is on a Sprint 600 and I have a Cingular 650.

Thanks,
    jOHN
    There isnt anything you could have done that would prevent his Treo from charging; the issue may just be that he has a faulty Treo.

Also, "what setting you changed?" It is stuff like this that stops me from touching other people's things; this way, if something happens, I am not held responsible for it.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I've successfully beamed files back and forth from and to my SprintPCS Treo600 and a Cingular Treo 650 and a Verizon Treo 650. No after-affects. My Treo 600 charges ok. I'm not aware of a setting in Prefs that disables the ability to charge the Treo 600. Maybe your friend is experiencing the infamous battery issue on the Treo600 and should see his SPCS dealer asap - and maybe in no time at all he could have a Treo 650 along with you (does he have the warranty?).
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    There is a known obscure issue with beaming between T600 and T650 models--something to do with the length of user names. Go to the palmone web site and search the support database.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    There is a known obscure issue with beaming between T600 and T650 models--something to do with the length of user names. Go to the palmone web site and search the support database.

I have to say this is just about the silliest problem with the 650 and I don't believe it has been fixed yet.

Here's the KB article...

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=31578
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I have to say this is just about the silliest problem with the 650 and I don't believe it has been fixed yet.

Here's the KB article...

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=31578
    I have also had this problem, however, the 650 could beam apps to me on the 600...