1.    #1  
    This is slightly on-topic, as it eventually relates to listening to music onmy Treo 650 ...

I want to digitize (convert to mp3) my fairly sizable collection (~2000 CD's) of music. The goal is to be able to generate playlists for listening on the PC, ir copying to the SD card for playback on the Treo.

Most of my CD's are collections, where each track has a separate artist, composer etc. So, in addition to a CD/Album title and artist, I'd really like such information to be possible for each track as well. Of course, CDDB or FreeDB download of track titles is almost essential.

I am using Audiolist ( http://www.wakefieldsoft.com/audiolist/index.html ) but that is just a listing and does not have lots of track-based information. I expect that when I rip my CD's, I might as well use a more powerful libraray software.

Do you folks have any ideas on which software fits the bill?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    i use realplayer 10 (registered). ALOT of people HATE realplayer and they have their reasons - but for all its shortcomings i have yet to see a more customizable and versatile music library software. I am able to organize, sort, find, transfer and play my music and music videos. Its all very intuitive and very easy. I use strictly the stand alone player - they try to reel you in to their monthly pay as you go service. People are gonna say i'm crazy but give it a try, once you learn how to tame the beast your not gonna be looking back.
  3.    #3  
    Does it let you add artist and composer (and other) details for each track in a CD?

How does this mesh with Rhapsody? Is that the same thing?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    musicmatch jukebox does everything you have described.
    What about iTunes? I love it!
  6.    #6  
    How do you select a subset (say all songs by XYZ) and upload them to the Treo?

I'm assuming that the songs will be stored in a separate subdirectory according to the albums and the selection will cut across the albums ....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    How do you select a subset (say all songs by XYZ) and upload them to the Treo?

I'm assuming that the songs will be stored in a separate subdirectory according to the albums and the selection will cut across the albums ....
    Hmm, I am using a Mac with "The Missing Sync". So my Treo is shown as a Audio-Device in iTunes. So I can simply drag'n'drop the songs on the Card...

I don't know if there's something like that for Windows...
  8.    #8  
    Too many products from the same vendor!!

What's the relationship between RealPlayer, Rhapsody, Rhapsody-to-go?

Between Yahoo-Music-Unlimited and Musicmatch?

Both products (in each instance) seem to offer library functions. Are they the same core product with similar functionality .. with downloads and DRM added to the Rhapsody and Yahoo-Music-Unlimited?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM