1.    #1  
    This is the 3rd time I have had to take my 600 to my provider and get it switched out. It continues to lock up on me and come up with weird messages. I spoke to a coworker of mine who also has a 600 but a different service provider. She said she just received her replacement in the mail the day before for the same problem. I am seriousluy thinking about going back to a seperate phone and pda. Any thoughts, advise, empathy or sympathy would be appreciated. Thanks!
    layand
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by layand
    This is the 3rd time I have had to take my 600 to my provider and get it switched out. It continues to lock up on me and come up with weird messages. I spoke to a coworker of mine who also has a 600 but a different service provider. She said she just received her replacement in the mail the day before for the same problem. I am seriousluy thinking about going back to a seperate phone and pda. Any thoughts, advise, empathy or sympathy would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Why not a 650?
    How long have you been using a 600? I am assuming a long time...if so, 3 units probably isn't that bad (over a long period of time.)

If not for anything else, I can't stand not having my contact info all in my phone (especially when you consider how easy it is to copy it from Dir Asst.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

4.    #4  
    I have had it since last year, about a month after they came out. My provider is cool about switching it out, they never give me a hard time, but it is very frustrating to be on the phone with a client and the phone freezes up or you try to answer the phone and it freezes up or you are trying to make a call and after 10 attempts (not being dramatic, being true) it rings once and then it freezes up. My call log looks like I only have one friend, but in truth, the call never goes through and I have to do a soft reset. Also, from what I understand, didn't the treo 650 have a memory problem?
    Last edited by layand; 05/21/2005 at 06:42 PM. Reason: misspell
    layand
    The memory issue has mostly been resolved with the Sprint 650 (albeit not to the satisfaction of everyone). I'm not sure about the other carriers. What carrier do you have?

Do you have any 3rd party software installed that might be contributing to your problems?
  6.    #6  
    I have Sprint, but I have talked to all my people that have Treos and one has cingular, one has Tmobile, another also has Sprint and they have all had one type of problem or another. I do have some 3rd party software, but not alot, no fru fru stuff but things like pocket money, a couple of games, and 2 other programs. How can I tell if a 3rd party program is causing the problem. I will say that my Cingular 600 owner is a bare minimum gal and doesn't have any third party stuff on hers.
    layand
    I have tmobile and have had the same problems. I have noticed that when me or the other caller starts having prot
    Well, this is my 3rd Sprint Treo 600 and it's operating very well. The first just stopped operating, the second had tower connection problems and this one goes right along. Ben
  9.    #9  
    I just found this thread on the board:
    Help Fixing Treo 600 - Failed reception test

And these issues are exactly what I am talking about. I also noticed that some of the people on this thread were on that thread. Sprint did the test on mine to and are sending me a new phone. Although they are cool about doing it, I don't want to keep going through this every six months.
    layand
    Just to throw in my .02, I'm still on my 1st Sprint T600 from Handspring (Nov. 2003) with no problems.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  11.    #11  
    Just an update...went to pick up replacement 600 phone from Sprint and spoke to tech guy about recurring problem and he upgraded me to the 650. Now the question is, does anyone have any suggestions on a wireless headset. I now have the Jabra w/o bluetooth.
    layand
    I
    I
    I
    \/
    Cingular T650
    ...now back to Motorola and a Zire 72!
    A separate phone/PDA is useful in certain contexts. I take my Treo when I want a compact all-in-one device, but when I need more functionality and I'm lugging along a bag I sometimes take my Sony Ericsson T610+HP iPaq PDA with BT. Surfing on PIE on a 320x240 screen is more pleasant than the Blazer. It all depends on your needs.
    I have a Sprint Treo 600. First one, just a year old. No problems. But I wish Sprint would do bluetooth. That might be the reason I drop Sprint after 7 years. If you get a bluetooth phone, and a bluetooth pda with WiFi, you will be able to dial, sync, and surf through/with the phone and use WiFi near a hot spot. If you want to leave the phone in your bag, you could wear a BT headset and dial from the PDA. Of course the drawback would be having to lug around all those chargers. That's really why I got the 600 in the first place - it covers MP3 player, phone, PDA, and camera duties with ONE charger, not FOUR!