Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I was using Treoalarm on my Treo 650 when it was freeware. But after it became a shareware application I deleted it immediately because I don't wanna pay for a simple alarm application.
    There are many freeware/shareware apps which even use MP3 sounds as alarms (like 2PlayMe), I've tried some of them.
    But I'm more looking for a simple alarm application which won't EAT up RAM.

    is there low-sized alarm application suitable for Treo 650 ?

    Which alarm application do you use ?
  2. #2  
    Here I quoted myself from a different thread on a different forum.

    And since you mentioned size, it is only 59K.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin
    If you are looking for a good Free allarm app, I recommend WatchMaker

    It allows 6 seperate alarms, that you can re-name and have each play 1-7 days a week.

    Meaning you can:

    label alarm 1 "Wake up" and have it play Monday to Friday at 8am
    label alarm 2 "Go Home" and have it play Monday to Friday at 5pm
    label alarm 3 "Wakey wakey" and have it play Saturday and Sunday at 10am
    label alarm 4 "Pick up Sally at gym" and have it play Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 6:15pm
    label alarm 5 "Party Time" and have it play Friday at 9pm
    label alarm 6 "Weekly Conf. Call" and have it play Wednesday 2:30pm

    I highly recommend it (and you can't beat that price )
    Soylent Green Is People

    My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    I was using Treoalarm on my Treo 650 when it was freeware. But after it became a shareware application I deleted it immediately because I don't wanna pay for a simple alarm application.
    The alarm functions are free. Weather, time (and upcoming other features), are only for registered users. Somewhere this is made clear, but I'm actually not seeing it on treoalarm.com, I might write the author to inform him this might be a little misleading.
  4. #4  
    I use the built in Calendar application. It is very flexible. You can set alarms to recur at different times each day and multiple times each day. And if I need to change it temporarily for one day, that is easy too.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    Here I quoted myself from a different thread on a different forum.

    And since you mentioned size, it is only 59K.

    Thanks
    That seems to be a nice alternative.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    The alarm functions are free. Weather, time (and upcoming other features), are only for registered users. Somewhere this is made clear, but I'm actually not seeing it on treoalarm.com, I might write the author to inform him this might be a little misleading.

    Thanks for the information; but it shows a nag screen even the alarm functions work.
    I don't think I would like to use Treoalarm again after it became shareware.
    Besides, that very "precious" weather informatin comes with my paid Agendus' Today screen
  7. #7  
    I like Bobs alarm, but it seems development on the app is no more. The latest version is from 2004.
  8. #8  
    I think you are wrong. The latest version 3.6 on palmgear was released only a couple of days ago. There is an active Yahoo group for the software developer if you want to find the latest stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    I like Bobs alarm, but it seems development on the app is no more. The latest version is from 2004.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  9. #9  
    Bob's Alarm is indeed still in development. 3.6 was just released. I recommend it wholeheartedly, though it is not freeware. You can get it at:

    http://palmgear.com/software/showsof...m?prodID=51750
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...roductId=90187
    http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?id=715

Posting Permissions