1.    #1  
    is there any reason I would NOT want to do a zero-out reset, and should do a hard reset instead? is it dangerous is any other way besides loosing all my information? Thanks for any help you guys can give.

-Cody
    I performed a couple of zero-outs yesterday because I wanted to completely clean out my Treo and set it back to factory condition. It's tricky to press all the buttons and reset button at the same time...but other than that, I haven't experienced any weird side-effects.

By the way, the reason I did this is because I had inadvertently installed apps to the handheld instead of my SD card and was not sure which files were there from the factory and which were installed by the apps. I think I'll invest in a uninstaller now.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    how do you zero out?
    Quote Originally Posted by codywalker
    is it dangerous is any other way besides loosing all my information?
    You can think of the difference between a hard reset and a zero-out reset as similar to the difference between simply reformatting a hard disk and performing a security erase or wipe on it. One clears the way for a fresh start, while the other removes all traces of what used to be there.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by glowrider
    how do you zero out?
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...j(887)#zeroout
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro