1.    #1  
    We are now using CommuniGate Pro where I work. E-mail through SnapperMail works great. But I can't figure out how to sync my PIM data. I have searched here on TC, and on Google, but haven't been able to find any answers. So I'm hoping that some people here have figured this out. Any help would be greatly appricated
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  2.    #2  
    Nobody here uses CommuniGate Pro?
    Robert
    I use CommunigatePro (as well as at work) and it's a great product. It doesn't have all of the functionality of Exchange, but it works (never needs resets, etc.), doesn't require an army of admins to keep it going, and is considerably cheaper than Exchange. We have many people using T650's (and T600's) with CG via IMAP. It works great with both SnapperMail and ChatterEmail. However, there's no great solution for contacts and calendar (at least not that we've found). We've only set this up recently and haven't spent a lot of time researeching this yet. However, you may want to go to the CommunigatePro support site and search (and post a question) on this topic. THere's a very active user group and they're quite helpful.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjprusk
    I use CommunigatePro (as well as at work) and it's a great product. It doesn't have all of the functionality of Exchange, but it works (never needs resets, etc.), doesn't require an army of admins to keep it going, and is considerably cheaper than Exchange. We have many people using T650's (and T600's) with CG via IMAP. It works great with both SnapperMail and ChatterEmail. However, there's no great solution for contacts and calendar (at least not that we've found). We've only set this up recently and haven't spent a lot of time researeching this yet. However, you may want to go to the CommunigatePro support site and search (and post a question) on this topic. THere's a very active user group and they're quite helpful.
    Thanks a lot for the response jjprusk! I was a bit worried that there was no simple solution out there... searching on Google gave me very little to look at. I will check out their support boards. I have discussed this with Stalker tech support, but they didn't have any recommendations. For now I am just syncing with the local PST, and using the MAPI for e-mail only (not a big deal yet, since I don't initiate or get invited to a lot of meetings).
    Robert
    The real answer to this is syncml, which is a standards-based method of syncing PIM information. There's been some talk about this on the CommunigatePro forums, but it has not been implemented as of yet. Apple has a developer's kit available and my guess is that it will roll out in all OS over the next few years - but this doesn't help us now. Hopefully someone will write a IMAP/syncml translator that could store calendars and contact info. in an IMAP folder, which would be a good solution.