1.    #1  
    Do I have to buy some special headphones for the 600 or just get an 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter to convert my headphones to work? I am getting conflicting info
    Quote Originally Posted by der rabe
    Do I have to buy some special headphones for the 600 or just get an 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter to convert my headphones to work? I am getting conflicting info
    You have options. You can get the adapter and use whatever headphones you want to listen to music or you can get combos like the Seido that have a mic built in so you can listent to music or phone calls and talk on the same set.
  3.    #3  
    will the single earbud/microphone work for listening to mp3s or movies?
    Yes. I currently use a Samsung earbud and it's great for listening to MP3's and taking calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by der rabe
    if you want to use your earbud then take a look at Freedom software at www.toysoft.ca It will redirect all the audio to the headset. this includes ringtones when you plugged in the ear bud. not need get a convert. but if you want stereo then you can get a cheap Radio Shack 2.5 to 3.5mm and use any stereo headset. Freedom will work fine with it.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca