1.    #1  
    What is the best way to get a Treo for my Blue account.

I have a very nice plan and I do not want to switch over to cingular but I would want to use the Treo 650 as my phone.

Also does the unlock version of the Treo 650 support EDGE?
    I was a AT&T user. Got tired of waiting and went to Sprint for immediate gratification and a cheaper data plan. Anyway, as I understand it, the only way to get a TREO 650 from Cingular is to convert your blue plan to a Cingular plan.

I guess the only way to go is to get an unlocked and put your sim card in it. Then add a data plan to your blue plan.

How much better is your old blue plan than what they are offering? The plans did seem comparable at the time I looked -- but I did not want to have to switch the phones out on 3 other family members just so I could move to the Treo 650.
  3.    #3  
    I have 1200 national mins plus 750 free promo mins total of 1950. Unlimited M2M, NW and early NW. I have a total of 4 lines that are sharing these features.
    Just edited above -- I had the same problem -- 4 blue lines, all of which would have to change over. I take it that a similiar plan from Cingular is more $$.

Press the issue, got into a Cingular store and say: "Why are you preventing me from upgrading to a Treo 650? Where is the customer benefit from the merger in this?"
    http://www.handspring.com/products/c...tegoryId=30025

Didn't see Edge listed here. . . . .
  6.    #6  
    I guess I would just get the unlock version and I might just add a data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by yipster222
    I guess I would just get the unlock version and I might just add a data plan.
    That is what I had to do.

One time when I called customer service they told me they had some 650's for ATT remaining. They offered to sell it at $550. The next time I called the CSR told me they did not have any. It would be worth a shot to call and see what you get.

The only other option is Ebay. I have seen some ATT 650's for sale there, but haven't looked in a couple of weeks. There might not be any more to be had there either.
  8.    #8  
    beowulf777

what kind of phone do you have?
    ATT locked phone or the Palm unlocked Treo 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by yipster222
    beowulf777

what kind of phone do you have?
    ATT locked phone or the Palm unlocked Treo 650?
    I bought the Palm unlocked phone using the 15% off coupon.
  10.    #10  
    I just purchased the Treo 650 from Cingular Blue for only $349.99 plus tax.
    I called 1-866-4297-2222 and spoken to a Blue Sales Rep. I told the rep that I wanted to upgrade my phone and I asked them to lookup the old Blue phone list and guess what was listed there "Treo 650". I quickly placed an order with them and I should be receiving the phone by Monday or Tuesday. The only thing that happened was I had to extend my blue contract for another year. Also they didn't even asked me to add a data plan.