1.    #1  
    Hello,

I am travelling somewhere that does not have GSM to connect to the web. I would like to use my cheap ISP to dial-up. My current set-up is:
    in Preferences>Network I created a new service.
    I choose Standard Modem in Connection (NOT SURE IF THIS IS CORECT).
    Enter in my username, password and phone number.

Is this all I need to do? It is not connecting. It just says connecting for a minute and then Cancelling...

Any thoughts?
  2.    #2  
    anyone??/
    With most dial-up companies today, you can no longer just call a dialup number to access the internet within the normal preference settings. Most companies wants you to install a dialer program on your computer in order to access the internet. Of course there are exceptions, so if you find a company that doesnt have you install software, you will be golden.
    You never lived until you almost died!
    Most likely you've set it up properly, but you are in the same boat I was.. the Palm hangs for 2 minutes "pretending" to dial (check it by dialing a friend's number, it won't ring).

The solution: soft-reset your Palm whenever you change connections (ie. GPRS -> dial-up, etc).

Pain in the *** but works fine. For providers, I really like www.budgetdialup.com because you can access it from around the world and recharge your minutes in $10 increments.

good luck,

John