Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. vjdup's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
       #1  
    I just bought (off Ebay ) another Treo 650, but this one doesnt have the camera. Are there any other differences compared to a 650 with the camera? I wish I would have read the description better.
  2. #2  
    I don't think so but that sucks if you really wanted the camera. Maybe you can list it yourself..I know some employers really are harping for camera-less phones (although the camera isnt that great and if I wanted to take a pic for espionage purposes, I would definitely find a smaller camera).
  3. #3  
    To me, the best usage of the 650's camera is when you're at a ballgame and the woman in the row in front of you has a lowcut top with ample cleavage showing.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  4. #4  
    Don't know if this would be relevant to anyone but I was recently forced to return to my car to leave my Treo because I couldn't enter the courtroom with a camera phone........I've had way too many speeding tickets....
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  5. #5  
    I had a Treo 600 with out the camera for a couple of weeks. It also did not have the "Pics&Videos" option to look at photos and videos.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    Don't know if this would be relevant to anyone but I was recently forced to return to my car to leave my Treo because I couldn't enter the courtroom with a camera phone........I've had way too many speeding tickets....
    I think it depends on the person doing the search. Courtrooms in OC require no cell phones but people just turn them off and put them away. I was on jury duty recently and the bailiff simply said to turn them off.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    Don't know if this would be relevant to anyone but I was recently forced to return to my car to leave my Treo because I couldn't enter the courtroom with a camera phone........I've had way too many speeding tickets....
    Check this out from MotionApps.com: mCamLoc

    http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mcampe

    I am an attorney and this is working for me...GREAT product for those
    with these concerns.
  8. #8  
    I don't get the big appeal of mCamLoc.

    You could very easily do a hard reset and restore your device from your card once inside.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I think it depends on the person doing the search. Courtrooms in OC require no cell phones but people just turn them off and put them away. I was on jury duty recently and the bailiff simply said to turn them off.
    Maybe it was because you were on the right-side of the law and I was on the breaking-the-law-side of the law . I do want to reiterate it was only for a speeding ticket
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  10. #10  
    I think its just the 'idea' that it is locked. Usually that is enough for the lay person to be convinced to let you take it inside. (Just like when you fly and you show the flight attendant that your phone is turned off.) It puts some people at ease.
  11. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    To me, the best usage of the 650's camera is when you're at a ballgame and the woman in the row in front of you has a lowcut top with ample cleavage showing.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    To me, the best usage of the 650's camera is when you're at a ballgame and the woman in the row in front of you has a lowcut top with ample cleavage showing.
    Shouldn't that be "the breast usage..."?
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I think its just the 'idea' that it is locked. Usually that is enough for the lay person to be convinced to let you take it inside. (Just like when you fly and you show the flight attendant that your phone is turned off.) It puts some people at ease.
    I practice in federal court and there is no way you will ever be able to bring any type of cell phone into the court. There are federal marshals at check-in. In NY state court there are attorney IDs which let me bypass security so my cell phone and bbry (on vibrate) can come in.

    As far as some program which locks down the camera, I would highly doubt it would make any difference in any court (at least in NYC) which excludes cameras - as state courts do. The guys at security are too smart for that, even if it really does lock down the camera. Dont even bother arguing with them. They are just following orders.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by vjdupree
    I just bought (off Ebay ) another Treo 650, but this one doesnt have the camera. Are there any other differences compared to a 650 with the camera? I wish I would have read the description better.

    Is it GSM? I have been looking for a camera-less GSM 650.
  15. #15  
    is your cameraless Sprint CDMA?
    I was looking for one and will trade you my camera one if you want. (PM me)
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    I practice in federal court and there is no way you will ever be able to bring any type of cell phone into the court. There are federal marshals at check-in. In NY state court there are attorney IDs which let me bypass security so my cell phone and bbry (on vibrate) can come in.

    As far as some program which locks down the camera, I would highly doubt it would make any difference in any court (at least in NYC) which excludes cameras - as state courts do. The guys at security are too smart for that, even if it really does lock down the camera. Dont even bother arguing with them. They are just following orders.
    It's about the same here in California, and I too, am in the federal courts (bankruptcy). At first the Marshals were skeptical but after showing them the product info, and the fact that I am an attorney, they have now gladly let me in with it provided I can show that the camera is inoperable for at least the day I am there. BTW, it is my understanding, that even if you do a hard reset, the timer function is still "hooked in" so that the camera will still not work until the timer has expired. I was proactive with mCamLoc. I went
    right to the Marshal's office...I did not wait for them to ask me.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave
    It's about the same here in California, and I too, am in the federal courts (bankruptcy). At first the Marshals were skeptical but after showing them the product info, and the fact that I am an attorney, they have now gladly let me in with it provided I can show that the camera is inoperable for at least the day I am there. BTW, it is my understanding, that even if you do a hard reset, the timer function is still "hooked in" so that the camera will still not work until the timer has expired. I was proactive with mCamLoc. I went
    right to the Marshal's office...I did not wait for them to ask me.

    I do bankruptcy too in NYC. Our marshalls are very good, but not open to discussion about such things. yes sir, no sir.
  18. #18  
    I was just in court in Queens (thanks Bloomy!) and even though they said they would have to voucher my Treo because of the camera they never did...
    __________________________
    What I'm working with:
    Treo 700p (Sprint PCS)
    Vaja T65 case
    Treo 650 Wireless Headset

Posting Permissions