1.    #1  
    Can anyone recommend a good, simple program to keep track of my checkbook? I am currently using a HanDBase program for it but it just seems bulky for my currently simple needs. It also takes a long time to recalculate after I filter for cleared/not-cleared entries.

Any ideas?
    I currently use Pocket Money 2.0 downloadable from Palmgear. I too am looking for a nice checkbook balance software. I have tried PocketC, Allmoney. They all seem a bit complicated to use.
    What is new today will be old tomorrow..
    I use MyCheckbook v3.5 . It looks like there is a new version availible with more features, but the 3.5 version is a simple, straight forward checkbook. I consider it a must have. I'm going to download this latest version and check it out!
    My personal favorite is Ultrasoft Money. In addition to being simple to use, it synchronizes with Microsoft Money. It also has an auto-complete feature(similar to MS Money) for frequently used transactions, which speeds up entry time.
    I've been using My Checkbook 3.5 for a month now, and have no complaints. It has everything I would need in a checkbook register, and the fact I carry around my Visor with me everywhere (unlike a paper checkbook register) means that it is always updated.

The only thing I would like now is another checkbook program. I've opened another bank account (I'm dabbling with having an online bank account), so now I need two registers.
    I loaded Versa Palm on to monitor my second account; however, it has the problem of taking a while to load up.

virgilio,

You should check out the new version of MyCheckbook at the link I posted above. The new version (5.3.something) has a lot more added functionality including the ability to support multiple accounts. I now have savings, checking, and 401k accounts setup. This is a must have and it's freeware!
    I use MoneyMinder. It's not free, but it's very user friendly and handles multiple accounts. My copy is registered, so when I had a question, the developer answered it personally! Very cool. He also sends me the latest version whenever it comes out, automatically. I haven't tried the others, but I'm very happy with this one.

http://www.oopdreams.com/moneyminder/

Here are some reviews:

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...02&prodID=3058

[Edited by Joe V on 10-06-2000 at 05:12 PM]
    Joe V. - Sprint Nextel Business Solutions - SoCal
    I use Pocket Quicken By LandWare [ http://www.landware.com ].

I've had great success with this, and best of all, it syncs with my Intuit Quicken2000 at home. You can use multiple accounts on it too.

I've got 8 different accounts from 3 banks, plus a cash account. I can literally track every penny I've got. You can track Bank, Cash, Credit Card, Asset, and Liability accounts all through your PDA. It also keeps a running total of your balances as well as a line item balance for each account.

With handy features like moving the history to the PC Quicken instead of filling up your PDA with old transactions, and a PIN number for more secure access, Pocket Quicken is a great little program.

All in all, I find it a must have for my Visor. I'm horrid with money, and this allows me to keep right on top of my finances where ever I am.
    - David M. Stansel
    Typesetter Corp.
    Image East / Printex Press
    Well, on the suggestion of LMidnight, I did download My Checkbook 5.3 (for free, of course.) Now, let me get the negatives out of the way.... even though I copied the old checkbook.pdb file to another directory so that I could uninstall my checkbook and install the new version, I couldn't recover my old register. Kept getting fatal errors every time I tried to open my old register in 5.3. No matter, I did export a backup to my memo pad, and (in theory), I could reload the old version to read this register, if I ever needed it.

The new version is definitely a keeper, though. I can manage two bank accounts and two credit cards (you can have up to 12 accounts.) Also added in is an autocomplete feature. Further, you can export the data in one of three formats: tab, CRV and QIF (the latter being useful for Quicken users.) Also lets you lock out the whole program with your password, if you're that worried about security. And, even though it doesn't concern me (since I get a semestral stipend), it has an auto pay check feature, for those who get direct deposits.

Hands down, one of the best programs out there got much better. Man, now I'm just itchin' to spend money.

i too have and love mycheckbook. the only problem i've had with it has been with the backup module. when i've restored from the backup mod, mycheckbook causes a fatal error. i've havd to delete the app, and re-install it, set up a dummy new account, then restore my real checkbook databases on the next hotsync, then delete the dummy account. kind of a pain in the ***, but module restores are few and far between, so i'm not too worried.

oh, this problem only happens when trying to restore, not when actually backing up...
    exit, pursued by a bear.
    Originally posted by matty
    i too have and love mycheckbook. the only problem i've had with it has been with the backup module. when i've restored from the backup mod, mycheckbook causes a fatal error

oh, this problem only happens when trying to restore, not when actually backing up...
    Are you talking about mycheckbook 5.3.3 or a different version?

I know most of the bugs has been eliminated but I guess you should inform the author about this bug.

Al
  12. xjx
    I tried the newest version 5.3.4 yesterday. I was impressed at the first look but soon I found it buggy. During half an hour, it crashed many many times.

Maybe 3.5 is a more stable version.
    My vote goes to.. MoneyTender
    http://soark.net/~slg/index.html

Free To!

-airun
    i have used BAHsoft Bank Book. Its nice and simple and has already alerted me to the fact that my bank is trying to rape my by charging me 3 times for the same purchase! only downside is a $12.50 registration fee which i have yet to cough up.
    http://www.bahsoftware.com
    i have used BAHsoft Bank Book. Its nice and simple and has already alerted me to the fact that my bank is trying to rape my by charging me 3 times for the same purchase! only downside is a $12.50 registration fee which i have yet to cough up.
    http://www.bahsoftware.com
    Originally posted by acajigas
    Originally posted by matty
    i too have and love mycheckbook. the only problem i've had with it has been with the backup module. when i've restored from the backup mod, mycheckbook causes a fatal error

Are you talking about mycheckbook 5.3.3 or a different version?

I know most of the bugs has been eliminated but I guess you should inform the author about this bug.

Al
    well i was running 5.2.2, and i did inform the author, carl quick, of the bug, and...

he was awesome... that day he sent me a note saying he had an updated version, and that it wasn't with him so he would email it to me that night or the next. which he did! i haven't tried it yet to see if it does fix the problem... but i'm sure if it doesn't he is working on it.

now, i'd recommend mycheckbook on the customer/tech support alone.
    exit, pursued by a bear.
    This is an old thread, but wanted to post and warn people about Bahsoft. I just spent a bunch of time trying to get Bankbook to work; needed to buy the registered version, couldn't get the website cart to work, etc., so I googled and discovered a bunch of pissed-off posts from people who can no longer get the developers to respond to emails or any requests for customer service. They don't even get the registration number after they pay for the product.

Is there any way to report these guys to some Internet Better Business Bureau? I'm really irritated that I just wasted an afternoon working on a program I can't register and use. (I have to have version 3, *not* version 4, because I'm using a Macintosh and another program called Quiksense...and there's no way to buy it or find it for download anywhere.) At least these guys could have the decency to take down their website and advertising if their company has gone belly up.
    splashmoney from www.splashdata.com does what you want plus over the air sync
    Treoing & Loving it