1.    #1  
    this is probably old news but i got a confirmation yesterday from t-mobile (i needed tech support) that they will not have a plan for the 650. she wouldn't commit whether they had plans for another phone from palm or just go to another system altogether.

alan
    They need to get some new advanced phones in QUICK! Their UK site has us BEAT! Like I always say, the US is often the last to get the good phones.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I called them last week and they said they would have it within 2 months. They told me if I purchased and unlocked one somewhere that they would give me a $100.00 credit to my account. Not sure if they offer this all the time but I was inquiring about cancelling my accounts with them.
    Been using an unlocked 650 on T-Mobile for months and I'm happy that I don't have to get into another contract. They support the phone when you call them, and they even cover it through Asurion. I would not buy it from them even if they offered it (because I don't like contracts). So, at least to me, I don't see what the big deal is.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Yeah, why is this a big deal? So that one can get locked into a contract to save $100? My unbranded, unlocked Treo 650 works on T-Mobile, ATT and Cingular and uses all the features it is supposed to. I wish the US market would demand even cooler phones, but let's face it, we Treocentralers want cool phones, the average American wants a free phone that works. Period. If this were not true, carriers would have more choices, but $1000 cell phones don't sell well over here. Sad, but true.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Why can't you just buy a phone and then choose your carrier? Phone locking by the carriers should be outlawed. Some carriers are good in one area, some are good in others....it all depends on your use and area.

Carriers should NOT be limiting our phone selection. We, consumers, are losing unless we demand unlocked phones (GSM and CDMA).
    Tmo will have the 650. I called Asurion to see what kind of replacment I could get form my 650 on Tmobile if something happens to it. They assured me that Tmobile will be carrying the 650 by July
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    Yeah, why is this a big deal? So that one can get locked into a contract to save $100? My unbranded, unlocked Treo 650 works on T-Mobile, ATT and Cingular and uses all the features it is supposed to. I wish the US market would demand even cooler phones, but let's face it, we Treocentralers want cool phones, the average American wants a free phone that works. Period. If this were not true, carriers would have more choices, but $1000 cell phones don't sell well over here. Sad, but true.
    Many of the cool phones unavailable to us are around $250 - $500, the same price we pay for phones that are often locked! If the average American could see what real variety is truly out there, things would change.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    If the average American could see what real variety is truly out there, things would change.
    I was in Mexico 6 months ago and walked into a wireless carrier. I didn't bother counting the number of phones available...there was at least 40-50 phones available. Compare that to the 10 phones available when you go to T-Mobile/Cingular/Sprint/Verizon.