1.    #1  
    Can't be too hard to program because I know the ability is programed into TakePhone.

A small application that the only thing it does is clear the voicemail icon, and then return you to where you were. This could then be set as one of the speed-dials and given a button hot-key. quick fast & easy way to clear the voicemail icon.

any takers?
    Good idea - I'm with you, would love to see this as a standalone or added to a utility suite such as Butler. Hope to see this happen...
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRagon
    Can't be too hard to program because I know the ability is programed into TakePhone.

A small application that the only thing it does is clear the voicemail icon, and then return you to where you were. This could then be set as one of the speed-dials and given a button hot-key. quick fast & easy way to clear the voicemail icon.

any takers?
    What am I missing here? This function is already programmed into the phone preferences. Are you looking for a quicker way to clear instead of going into the prefs?
    -Cal
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRagon
    This could then be set as one of the speed-dials and given a button hot-key.
    There's already a hotkey to clear the voicemail icon: the 1 key, which will take you to your voicemail!

I guess I'm puzzled why you would want to clear it.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Cingular-branded T650s do not have that option. I had the issue with the icon that would not clear, and calling yourself to leave a voicemail to delete is not an optimum nor failsafe method.
  6.    #6  
    Yes, I realize you can clear the voicemail icon by pressing menu->A (phone preferences) and then clicking the clear voicemail icon button, then clicking ok. I'm looking for a faster way to clear it. A small app that could be launched via a quick key, that does nothing but reset it and exit.

There's already a hotkey to clear the voicemail icon: the 1 key, which will take you to your voicemail!

I guess I'm puzzled why you would want to clear it.
    Because on the sprint network the voicemail icon sometimes get "confused." Basically it doesn't represent the true state of your voicemail. You can go into your voicemail, let the system say "you have no new messages," and exit and it may or may not go away. And even if it does, it may come back in an hour or so--without you having received a new voicemail.