1.    #1  
    Most emails that I get are those that I want to be deleted from the POP3 server but there are some that I dont need on my Treo but want to stay on the server for future reference. Can this be done with Chatter and how?
  2.    #2  
    Anyone? Marc? How bout a hand here?
    this is something that needs to be done with your pop account settings. what pop account are you using ?
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    The point of pop is to download the messages...usually if you download the message, its automatically deleted of the server. Some mail servers like gmail allow you to pop them and then 'archive' the copy. I think that is what you want to do.

I think its server dependant and not based on the client that you use.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

There's no way to ONLY delete on the Treo with POP accounts...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    The point of pop is to download the messages...usually if you download the message, its automatically deleted of the server. Some mail servers like gmail allow you to pop them and then 'archive' the copy. I think that is what you want to do.

I think its server dependant and not based on the client that you use.
    This is exactly where i was going because with gmail you can archive or leave a copy in the inbox but i don't believe there is a way to filter specific emails so it's either one or the other save a copy of all emails or don't...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  7.    #7  
    That is interesting Marc. This is something that Snapper has an option for. Certain emails are worthless to me on my Treo such as faxes and updated company phone lists I need to keep on my desktop for future reference.
    Some insight-

I don't use POP3 at all anymore, but in the past it was doable on mobile devices, and this is how it worked:
    Set the client to keep all messages on server.
    Then, when you delete a message, it is by default only deleted on the Treo
    If you want to remove it from the server, press J (for junk) or something similar to delete the message from the Treo and the server.

I think this is how Snapper does it, though it's been a year or so since I used POP3 at all...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
  9.    #9  
    Appreciate the response but I know this is available on Snapper but I wanted to know if it could be done on Chatter.
    Yikes - any other workarounds for us? I'm a *very* new user, and use only my Yahoo Plus accounts - ideally what I would like to do is read these on Chatter as I travel, reply to some, but reply to the bulk from my home machine. If I do this will I have to deal with keeping all the old emails forever on my Treo if I must have them left permanently on my Yahoo account? I think if I delete them from my Treo to keep it clutter-free then they will be deleted on Yahoo forever more, correct?
    Thanks-
    I'm aware that this can be done in Snapper, but the concept doesn't fit very well with the way Chatter's idea of "syncing". At this point, I don't have any plans to change this.

Marc
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I handle this by configuring my desktop e-mail client to forward all of my POP e-mails to a fastmail.fm account, which is IMAP. Forwarding doesn't delete them from the POP server; it just forwards a copy. I configured Chatter to use this fastmail account as my e-mail Account.

Deleting from Chatter then deletes from the fastmail account only, so whatever I delete from Chatter still stays on my ISP's POP server, where I have set them to be deleted x days after I download them to my PC.

Also, I configured Chatter's SMTP Profile to send from my POP account, not the fastmail account, so my correspondents aren't confused by my having a different account.

It works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    There's no way to ONLY delete on the Treo with POP accounts...

Marc
    hey Marc, I was wondering about this as well

Okay well here is the thing

At home on my desktop, my Outlook 2k3 is configured to check mail every 1 minute, and there is a setting which tells it to leave a copy on the server

I think Versamail had the same function as well...all that needs to be added is a configuration which says "Leave a copy on server [with an option for x days or infinite]"

So yeah when I get my mail on my desktop which is on 24/7 unless I am out of the city, I will get my mail there and on my Treo. I am using POP mail btw

Thanks Marc, I really love this program

then there is also another type of delete that chattermail has. When in a message of course you can click on the X at the bottom. The upon next sync, although the message woud have been deleted from your unit...it will be redownloaded again but then it will disappear because you told it that you dont want it on your treo anymore...however on the mailbox server it will still be there I believe....