1.    #1  
    Thank you for all the posts.

I have been a Treo owner for two days. Thanks to this website I unlocked my phone the second day I owned it.

I got my phone yesterday and honestly just played with it for a while finding out what works and didn't. The next day I went to get them to turn on my txt messages. And got my email set up. First found out that I had it set up wrong. Then got all the way to the Tier 3 guys and found out that Cingular's mail server is down. This took about 2 hours. During that time I found the treocentral discussion board and started following the sticky threads. Did a search and found how to unlock my phone. While I was online with the Tier 3 CSR I asked about unlocking my phone he referred me to the Tier 1 line. I dialed the Tier 2 line I got while trying to fix my email.

I told him a story. He knew exactly what I wanted and how to get it done. Only questions he asked were how long have I been a customer? (I have a Houston Cellular account :_) And in the form he filled out for reason for request was: Customer wants to unlock sim to get a cheaper rate while in europe. I asked about how long it would take to hear anything and he said 3-5 days. I recieved the unlock code in my email four hours later. Actually recieved it earlier on my Treo while watching Star Wars, though I didn't know I had to download the attachment as well.

I look forward to reading through past posts.

Again THANK YOU for the posts.

-------------------------
    Cingular Treo 650 owner 2 days /unlocked.
    Last edited by Mandirigma; 05/20/2005 at 03:15 AM.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandirigma
    Thank you for all the posts.

I have been a Treo owner for two days. Thanks to this website I unlocked my phone the second day I owned it.

I got my phone yesterday and honestly just played with it for a while finding out what works and didn't. The next day I went to get them to turn on my txt messages. And got my email set up. First found out that I had it set up wrong. Then got all the way to the Tier 3 guys and found out that Cingular's mail server is down. This took about 2 hours. During that time I found the treocentral discussion board and started following the sticky threads. Did a search and found how to unlock my phone. While I was online with the Tier 3 CSR I asked about unlocking my phone he referred me to the Tier 1 line. I dialed the Tier 2 line I got while trying to fix my email.

I told him a story. He knew exactly what I wanted and how to get it done. Only questions he asked were how long have I been a customer? (I have a Houston Cellular account :_) And in the form he filled out for reason for request was: Customer wants to unlock sim to get a cheaper rate while in europe. I asked about how long it would take to hear anything and he said 3-5 days. I recieved the unlock code in my email four hours later. Actually recieved it earlier on my Treo while watching Star Wars, though I didn't know I had to download the attachment as well.

I look forward to reading through past posts.

Again THANK YOU for the posts.

-------------------------
    Cingular Treo 650 owner 2 days /unlocked.
    Congrats!! Good to see someone who knows how to use one of these boards. Be sure to stick around for awhile. Yhe information you gather here is better than any CRS can provide you with. Have you read some of the essential apps questions?