Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    OK - is there anyway to figure out which app is using the data connection at any given time on a VZW 650? I'm getting a lot of missed calls, and I think I know which app is hogging the radio, but I want to validate it. Any suggestions?
    How are you set up on your email? You might turn off the data connection and see if any program prompts you to connect?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I do not get a prompt any more - is there a way to turn it back on?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrimmer
    I do not get a prompt any more - is there a way to turn it back on?
    Within Network Preferences, hit Menu/R and check the "Ask before connecting to the Internet" box.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    From the apps screen select prefs, in the drop down(upper right hand corner) select network, tap on the preferences(upper left hand corner), tap options, then tap preferences, you have 2 options to check or uncheck. Sounds like you want to have the bottom one checked "ask before connecting to the internet" Also, at t2gungho asked what email are you using? VZW's Wireless Sync or snapper, chatter etc? VZW's WS goes out a lot..and I mean a lot to check the network meaning a data connection and possible missed calls(or going to your v/m) Hope this helps.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    What was the app that was causing you to connect?