1.    #1  
    I have a PowerBook G4 (Aluminum) running 10.4 and using Missing Sync Version 4.0.4 (59).

I got my Treo 650 in the beginning of April. I tried to use the Sync cable that came with it, and the only way I could get it to work was to plug in the cable, restart my PB and try to sync. It worked twice.

So I switched to syncing via BT which is great, BUT I'd like to go back to using Missing Sync to mount my SD card and possibly pick up the speed of syncs.

I ordered a Seido retractable USB sync cord which came today. I plugged it in, and notta. I get the same error message I was getting before.

"The connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try again".

My question is, has anyone else had this problem, and what was the solution?

TIA
    Cingular GSM Treo 650, Apple PowerBook G4, iQue 3600, iPod Photo 60GB
    PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Palm M505 > Garmin iQue 3600 > Treo 650

Seek first to understand, then to be Understood
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Did you install the new conduit for Tiger? Here's the summary on how to do it from Mark/Space (Missing Sync):

Go to: /Library/Application Support/Palm HotSync/Conduits/ and delete the Apple conduit, not just disable, but drag it to the trash. Then go to iSync and click on the 'Devices' Menu and choose, Enable Palm OS Syncing. This will install the conduit for the new iSync that ships with Tiger. Then go back to Missing Sync, double click on the iSync conduit and enable iSync for that device. When you do you should see the device again in iSync and be able to sync to it.