1.    #1  
    Palm Treo 650 program only allows for last name, first name or company name, last name.

why not FIRST name then LAST name??
    I have no idea why PalmSource doesn't provide that option, but you are aware that you can still find contacts by first name, right? Simply type in the first few letters and it'll find them for you.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Or the initials, too.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Or just type the full name in either the First or Last name category.
    that's true. just type the initials or the first name...but i dont think you should have too. should be an option on how to sort the names. with that said...i'm used to just typing the initials....
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    does take phone allow this to happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by race
    Palm Treo 650 program only allows for last name, first name or company name, last name.

why not FIRST name then LAST name??
    Why? Because PalmOne has a very myopic view of the world and the preferences of people around the world.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Heres a novel idea, why not just put the first name in the last name slot and the last name in the other. Theres no LAW that say you have to put what it says to put in a particular spot.

RJ
    rjflyn:

One could do that, but then you give up the option to sort by last-name when you want to.

One interesting note is that the 600 HAD first-name sort as an option, and on the 650 Palm replaced it with the company sort. I guess it's just too hard for Palm to figure out how to offer three options!
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    rjflyn:

One could do that, but then you give up the option to sort by last-name when you want to.

One interesting note is that the 600 HAD first-name sort as an option, and on the 650 Palm replaced it with the company sort. I guess it's just too hard for Palm to figure out how to offer three options!
    I thought it was annoying on the 600 that they did not offer the "sort by company" option. They obviously have done the programming for all three. Why not just offer it?
    Looks like Initiate ver 2 can do this

http://mytreo.net/news/archives/000486.php
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by lilboi
    does take phone allow this to happen?
    Yes, so does Agendus