1.    #1  
    ... or at least it seems so. There are many threads regarding this; I think I have heeded them all. I have 'radiocontrol' installed and keyguard enabled. But when the Treo has been in my pocket for a while and it's really quiet, I take a look and sure enough the phone is off. I have not caught it doing any kind of reset; it just seems to shut the doggone phone off. Is there such a thing as a utility that insures it stays on 100% of the time except when I forcefully turn it off? Maybe at least configurable to check every few minutes and turn it back on if found off? Or do I just have a lemon I need to swap with CNG? I'd say it turns off six times a day, some days lots more.
    Mike Caldwell
    get profilecare from mytreo.net
    Treoing & Loving it
    I would swap the phone, mine did the same thing.
    You must have a defective Treo or some crazy software installed.
    Mine has never turned off by itself.
    Ya, thats nutz man, dont get some software to fix the software problem. Either your phone is bad or you have a software glitch.
  6.    #6  
    I thought I had the keypad protection set wrong, but I just found it turned off and it was just laying on a table; no contact.
    Mike Caldwell
    Sounds like your going to have to hard reset. Move all the apps from the backup folder to a temp folder on the desktop except for PIM. And go with that for a bit to see if it is the phone or your 3rd party apps.
    This is a problem with gsm treos. The sim card contacts on some of the phones are loose, so a slight jarring makes the sim card lose contact for a brief moment, shutting the phone down. People have cut a piece of paper to put behind the sim card to fix the issue, or have exchanged. My first one did this and i swapped it for a new one. The second one has been absolutely perfect.
    NO surprise to me....Problems so far.....Signal drop out...Screen freeze....Unstable software..This device is a joke...I am angry because I wasted good money on this device after being a long term Palm organiser user..This device is a lemon and should be withdrawn from the market
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva
    This is a problem with gsm treos. The sim card contacts on some of the phones are loose, so a slight jarring makes the sim card lose contact for a brief moment, shutting the phone down. People have cut a piece of paper to put behind the sim card to fix the issue, or have exchanged. My first one did this and i swapped it for a new one. The second one has been absolutely perfect.

And you think that's satisfactory..That's just ridiculous that such a fault could in any way be accepted as reasonable..This SIM card movement has been a recurring problem with me and is just not acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ombra
    You must have a defective Treo or some crazy software installed.
    Mine has never turned off by itself.

Sounds like you're not using a Treo then !
    BigLuke...return it and sit back for the next version.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

13.    #13  
    Put it in the cradle last night, making sure the phone was on. This morning the only thing I did was touch the ref phone to wake up the display and sure enough the phone was off. Hard to see a SIM problem; no jostling in the cradle.
    Mike Caldwell
    Well then I would hard reset and follow the info I gave above reinstalling only PIM, its the least you can do before trying to return it.
    As many have said, the SIM problem might happen on some, but not all. My Treo has never made a peep about its SIM card except the one time I pulled it out for kicks.