Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Hi Shimon,

I had the strangest problem relating to TAKEphONE yesterday...please help me.

I copied all the TAKEphONE files from Treo handheld to SD card. Then I deleted the TAKEphONE files from the handheld. Then I pressed the green phone button to get the standard Palm Phone application, but instead kept getting the Palm Contact application. Everytime I press the green phone button, I always get the Contact application instead of the standard Phone app.

In order to get the Phone app, I have to go to the main home page, and tap on Phone to bring it up. Problem is, when I go to another application (eg: Calendar, Web, etc) and then press the green phone button again, the standard Phone app disappears and is replaced by Contact again. This happens consistently. It appears my standard Phone app has been permanently un-mapped from the green phone button...but obviously, there must be a solution to this.

I've tried everything I can think of to get my Phone app remapped back to the green phone button, but to no avail. I've tried Preference and Buttons, but with no luck, and soft resets with no luck.

I was so frustrated with this, that I ended up copying the TakePhone files back onto the handheld (from the SD card), so that I could at least have a phone dialing application pad again when pressing the green phone button.

I'm convinced that deleting TakePhone from my handheld has un-mapped my standard Palm Phone app when pressing the green phone button. Do you have any experience with this? How do I get back the standard Phone app, if I happen to decide to permanently delete TakePhone from my handheld?

The only last alternative I haven't tried yet is to both delete TakePhone from the handheld and also the SD card. Maybe removing TakePhone from both the handheld and SD card will bring back my standard Phone app when pressing the green phone button.

By the way, one last thing about TakePhone I'm curious about. In the standard Palm Contact application, I like to have short notes after a phone number. For example, under John Doe, Work Number, 415-283-9999 new 11/04. The "new 11/04" is my own personal note to reflect the fact that John has updated his work number on November 2004. When I use the standard Palm Phone app to dial John Doe's work number, the Palm Phone app will ignore my note of "new 11/04" and will correctly dial 415-283-9999.

However, if I try to do the same thing above using TakePhone, TakePhone will dial the following numbers "41528399991104". In other words, TakePhone is also incorrectly dialing the numbers "1104" which it should ignore, and hence, it's dialing the wrong number. Unfortunately, in my Palm Contact application, I have many such notes after the phone number to indicate to me when a person has updated that particular phone number.

This means TakePhone is un-usable for me when trying to dial numbers that have number notes after the phone number (eg: 11/04, etc).

Lastly, you were right about the hi-res skin files taking up extra space. I removed some of the hi res files, and this significantly reduced the overall file size of TakePhone.

Any advice on the above problems please? Thanks! -Casey
  2.    #22  
    Hi Shimon,

My Phone app problem has been fixed. A couple guys on this forum directed me to a phone reset application which worked like a charm. Now I have back my standard Phone app, plus still have TakePhone on my internal memory.

Here's the thread if you care to read:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d=1#post692104

If you can still comment about my other question on TakePhone dialing my personal notes (eg: new 11/04), that would be nice.

Thanks, Casey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Hi Shimon,

My Phone app problem has been fixed. A couple guys on this forum directed me to a phone reset application which worked like a charm. Now I have back my standard Phone app, plus still have TakePhone on my internal memory.

Here's the thread if you care to read:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d=1#post692104

If you can still comment about my other question on TakePhone dialing my personal notes (eg: new 11/04), that would be nice.

Thanks, Casey.
    Hi,

TAKEphONE ignores characters in the field, but does collect the digits.
    Once solution would be to add a ':' before the note - then TP will ignore it.

e.g. "415-283-9999 :new 11/04"

Thanks
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  4.    #24  
    Hi Shimon,

Yes, that works! TakePhone will ignore the number note when placing a ":" before the note. Thanks for the fix! -Casey
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12