Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Here too.
    My out going email has been out for about a week, also I had no web access for a while but that has come back.

I'm now getting the following VersaMail msg "553 5.0.0 <>...User address required" attempting to send email.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    For those who got outgoing email working again, where are you (I'm in NYC) and did you have to do anything?
    NO GPRS access at ALL in over a week. San Diego. I'm leaving the country in two weeks on vacation. Do you think LEAVING CINGULAR will fix my lack of access? Do I risk it?

dangit!

Greg

unlocked GSM on Cingular
    I finally decided to spend sometime on why my out going email was not working.

I am using cwmx.com as my smtp server and was able to fix my problem by setting up my email account again from scratch (http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=80,E=0000000000068988772,K=4523,Sxi=19,Case=obj(36541)).

So the problem seems to be a VersaMail bug when the cingular smtp server was down for a while the VersaMail app just could not recover. That ' just my guess.

UPDATE: Now I'm not sure where the problem really is, Cingular (cwmx.com) or VersaMail, but at least I know what not to do.
    When I get this message "553 5.0.0 <>...User address required" it is because I have a CC or BCC specified for the email (either manually added or auto set from reply options). When I don't have a CC or BCC specified everything is fine.
    Last edited by joesdeli; 06/01/2005 at 01:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    i confirm this.

this sucks, because i can't even authenticate to my own server, at least through cingular's network.

fix: don't cc: people-- that's convenient!

sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by joesdeli
    I finally decided to spend sometime on why my out going email was not working.

I am using cwmx.com as my smtp server and was able to fix my problem by setting up my email account again from scratch (http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=80,E=0000000000068988772,K=4523,Sxi=19,Case=obj(36541)).

So the problem seems to be a VersaMail bug when the cingular smtp server was down for a while the VersaMail app just could not recover. That ' just my guess.

UPDATE: Now I'm not sure where the problem really is, Cingular (cwmx.com) or VersaMail, but at least I know what not to do.
    When I get this message "553 5.0.0 <>...User address required" it is because I have a CC or BCC specified for the email (either manually added or auto set from reply options). When I don't have a CC or BCC specified everything is fine.
    Anybody know if this is down again? I just updated to 1.17g and cwmx.com simultaneously stopped working. Coincidence, or did I screw something up?

Thanks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12