1.    #1  
    Does anyone here use mac.com and Chatter for sending? I have a few people who can't figure out what settings should be used, and I really don't know what to tell them.

Marc
    This is from the help section at the mac.com website...

"Open your email program and set up an account that uses your .Mac member name for the account name, your .Mac password for the mail password, mail.mac.com for the POP or IMAP server, and your ISP's SMTP server for the outgoing mail server.

If your email program supports SMTP authentication, you can use smtp.mac.com instead of your ISP's SMTP server."
    I use it with no problems. Just remember that the outgoing server is smtp.mac.com and the incomming server is mail.mac.com (IMAP or POP3). Your login id is your id without the @mac.com
    Marc,

As above, I am able to send and receive with my .Mac account using Chattermail.

But when setting it up, I received the messasge that the idle command was not supported so I can not have push mail, only a timed qsync.

Is there anything we can do, to get the idle command working with .mac?

Regards
    Peter
    http://www.peterwalker.com
  5.    #5  
    There's nothing to be done, except hope that they will (some day) enable it on their system.

Marc