1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,
    I had a great Idea today that I want to share with the rest of the class. I want to build a Second SD(IO?) slot for the Treo (and possibly other Palm handhelds). Can we use the connector on the bottom of the Treo 650 to create an SD adaptor that could integrated into a new battery cover? We could draw the power from the Multiport I believe (or tap right into the battery). And once we have it working for the Treo 650 it could then be made for the T|5, TE2, LifeDrive and any other palm device with the same port.

Does anyone want to help me out with this? I have the idea and some free nights and weekend to work on it. What I don't have is a complete knowledge of how to go from the comm port on the Treo to the SD slot. Also I assume that there is going to have to be a driver for this as well...

Who wants to help make this a reality?

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I'm not a software engineer, but I believe it would be possible to hook an aftermarket USB SD flash card reader to USB portion of the multi-connector with custom software, but I doubt you could get it to seemlessly work with palm os without support from palm.

I think this would be the only remotely "practical" solution to what you want, past that, what you are talking about would cost too much (several grand) to do even if the labor was free.
  3.    #3  
    Well the research would be expencive, but if the product could be made for the multi connector i'm sure it could sell without a problem. Another idea I had was to somehow turn the one SD slot into two. But once again all i have is the idea and some hope.

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about