1.    #1  
    I'm using HanDBase (v.3.0K) on the Treo 650. It seems that the 5-way rocker does not work to move through fields. Am I missing something? I've searched TreoCentral threads and the HanDBase website but can't seem to find an answer. Is there a work around to this. It REALLY limits the use of this handy program. Anyother database programs that work better with the 650? Thanks in advance.
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    HanDBase doesn't support 5-way... At least not yet. I have sent e-mail to the support and they said the next updated version will have 5-way support, plus some other options. Of course that has been 3-4 months and no new version.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply and info. This is what I figured. Are there other programs that do support the 5-way? Perhaps if HanDBase started seeing people going to another program they'd get an update released sooner?!
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    HanDBase is only one I have used... SmartList To Go (Dataviz) is another DB program that probably has 5-way and I think is very similar to HanDBase (minus a few options). MobileDB might be another possibilty. Not sure if they are as powerful as HanDBase or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    I'm using HanDBase (v.3.0K) on the Treo 650. It seems that the 5-way rocker does not work to move through fields. Am I missing something? I've searched TreoCentral threads and the HanDBase website but can't seem to find an answer. Is there a work around to this. It REALLY limits the use of this handy program. Anyother database programs that work better with the 650? Thanks in advance.
    dmax,

I own copies of both SmartList To Go, and HanDBase and have used them both quite a bit. Unfortunately, I don't think that there is any way to get the Treo to move between fields without using the touchscreen. (I've been looking for a solution to that same problem.) I've tried a number of "navigation" utililities, (such as these,) and none of them will allow one to navigate database fields from the keyboard. Bummer...

The odd thing is that I've had other keyboard-based Palm devices, (Sony TG50 and Treo 90,) and both of those allowed you to move between DB fields. On the TG50, you could push "control-tab"; on the Treo 90 there was an add-on utility program that allowed navigation between fields using a combination of keys.

If you find an solution to this problem, please post it. I'm sure that we're not the only ones that are having problems with this.

TMann