1.    #1  
    I'm certain this was discussed before, but i couldn't find the thread doing a search. My treo seems to be loosing time every day. How do i fix this?

Thanks
    Just out of interest, How much time does it lose ?

I am using an app from Jeff Gibson called ProfileCare to keep my clock accurate. PC does much more than this and I think there are simpler NTP programs out there that work for the Treo but PC works for me so...

HTH

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  3.    #3  
    it seemed to have lost 10 minutes over night. when i turned the phone on today (im on sprint btw) it got the network time and changed it to the correct time... but that doesn't have me too much....
    Same thing here. Very weird.
    I use TimeCopy http://vons.free.fr/palm/ which is free and just updates the time everytime you sync.
    I have network time disabled. For the first 3 months -- the Treo was dead on (within 1 second) of the national time web site each day. In the last 2 days, when I have checked it -- it was more than 1 to 2 minutes slow. I will continue to monitor it and report back. (By the way -- I have installed (2 days ago) TreoGuard -disabling the radio from 11pm to 5am each night and twilight.prc to have my keyboard backlights on only at night.) Hmmm?

P.S. I just checked the time web site and my Treo is still dead on with that time -- set over 6 hours ago. I will see what transpires overnight.

Another thought is I have removed the battery once each of the last 2 days causing the soft reset. (Got a spare and was charging it.) Maybe the the soft reset throws off the time. I have noted a 5 to 10 second lapse on soft resets before -- but not 2 minutes or more.

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/19/2005 at 12:11 PM.
    Just ran this test:

Soft Reset = 5 sceond time loss to the website.

Battery removal and replace after 2 seconds (causing a soft reset) = 45 second time loss.

I suspect my "time loss problem" has been the battery removals.

Cheers, Perry.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by geneld
    I use TimeCopy http://vons.free.fr/palm/ which is free and just updates the time everytime you sync.
    this is fine, but if it looses 10 min over a night and your using it as an alarm, it can be annoying waking up early etc etc
    Hi Swifty! As it occurred over night, I assume your time loss was not due to battery removal and I doubt whether your Treo did 100 soft resets (at a 5 second loss per) overnight.

I will see what mine does overnight, but I think I have identified where my time losses were coming from.

You didn't set it on a magnet overnight?
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/20/2005 at 05:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by swifty
    this is fine, but if it looses 10 min over a night and your using it as an alarm, it can be annoying waking up early etc etc
    If it's losing time, wouldn't you be waking up late then ?

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Yeah, I saw that too, but decided to let it go.
    YESTERDAY AFTERNOON
    Hi Swifty! As it occurred over night, I assume your time loss was not due to battery removal and I doubt whether your Treo did 100 soft resets (at a 5 second loss per) overnight.

I will see what mine does overnight, but I think I have identified where my time losses were coming from.

THIS MORNING
    I checked my time with the web site this morning and the Treo was still spot on to the second after 24 hours. So, it does aapear that my "time loss" was due to battery removals and not the installation of TreoGuard or twilight.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/20/2005 at 05:15 AM.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    YESTERDAY AFTERNOON

THIS MORNING
    I checked my time with the web site this morning and the Treo was still spot on to the second after 24 hours. So, it does aapear that my "time loss" was due to battery removals and not the installation of TreoGuard or twilight.

Cheers, Perry
    i turned off the use networktime function on the control panel and set it myself and it seems to be working fine.

Xathros - good point ;-) Lucky i've not used it as an alarm yet!
    I have network time enabled on my Sprint 650 and have not experienced any problems whatsoever; however, I agree YMMV...

Anyway, you can sync your Treo clock online via http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/netclock.shtml

Very cool freeware imo!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions