1.    #1  
    Is it possible to run both on one computer, Treo 650 and Lifedrive and sync both? Any experience?
    Alex
    Yes. You will need different user id's for each. You can have multiple Palms connected to one computer. At home we have 1 Treo 650, 1 Tungsten T and 2 Zire 72s.

My only concern is that when you install the "Palm Desktop" software from the LifeDrive that it doesn't upset any setting you have made for the Treo. Although, nothing happened when I installed the new desktop for the Treo over the prior that was there.

Cheers, Perry
    I think he wants to share the contacts, PIMs etc between the 2 devices.

So, adding a contact or an appointment in one shows up in the other when they are each synced to the PC in sequence...

I don't think that's possible.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    It's possible if you use the same hotsync ID on both, I believe.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    This would also end up sharing OS files between the two devices, which would not be good when the devices are different models.
    I'm surprised that P1 hasn't thought about this problem (sharing DATA between various PalmOS devices through Hotsync...).

That's why my current and future gadgets will be smartphones (or communicatingPDA's).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    NO that's not possible. If you give two different devices the same username, the Palm Desktop will warn you about this and will tell you that you will not be able to pass information from one device to the other.
    For now, beam your new contacts and appointments from the one you consider "primary" for this purpose to the one you consider "secondary."

. . . . .Until Palm writes a desktop program to "sync" two user ids on the desktop, as an option. (rather than syncing a handheld to the desktop.)

It seems like this would be something in demand. I live in a "two Palm" relationship.
    You probably could accomplish what you want to do in an annoying way. If you use two different hotsync ids, you can manually copy the address/calendar files from the main id's directory into the second id's directory.

Sorry to take this on a tangent, but the title of this thread made me think about this. Does anyone know if bluetooth will allow the treo to communicate with the life drive? If it does, it seems to me that you should be able to keep the life drive in your bag and treat it as a very expensive 4 gig hard drive for the treo when you're not using it.
    you could just sync both to the same outlook / other pim profile with conduits...

ps- the treo doesn't support BT FTP, only OBEX, so i doubt you'd be able to browse the lifedrive as if it were a memory card. furthermore- i doubt if the lifedrive itself will support the BT FTP protocol.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  11. 320
    Hi -- I'm hoping someone can help me -- there seem to be differing opinions on at least one of these questions already posted. I used the 600 then 650 for a year and loved it except not being able to manipulate the calendar or look up contacts while on the phone. The biggest problem was I couldn't hear in noisy environments plus the 650 frequently dropped calls. So I gave the Life Drive a whirl and got the LG vx8100. Nice devices but I miss being converged. Since they came out with programs to boost the 650's volume plus I think there's something to improve dropped calls (is that right?) -- I would like to dust off my 650 again and am wondering if I have to re-install on my PC the Palm OS that came with the 650? or can I synch it to the current Palm OS (ver 4.1.4) that came with the Life Drive? I changed my user name when I changed devices -- do I have to change back? I had trouble getting the Life Drive to synch and actually uninstalled the 650 software and installed the LD software in order to get it to work. Is that what you wise people would advise?
    Thanks!
    Cindy
    Cindy
    Hi, I have both, but the IQue uses diferent palm desktop from Treo. Can I Have two palm desktop at the same computer?
  13. 320
    I finally got to talk to a Palm Tech Support without having to pay them and they told me there is no way to synch two Palm devices to one Palm Desktop program.......which I think is pretty much what you guys said. They also told me the call-dropping and volume problems have not been resolved in the 650...so I guess I'll stick with the Life Drive and LG cell phone until they are...
    Boo!

Thanks anywho.....
    Cindy
    Definitely DO NOT use the same ID for both devices. This would cause you great grief! Make sure to use the LATEST version of the Palm Desktop. If the version that came with the Treo isn't the latest, then get the version from Palm's web site. I am using the version that came with my Treo 650 to sync both my phone and my Garmin iQue 3600. No problems whatsoever. You may end up having to tweak what conduits and options to choose for each device though. Palm tech support is full of BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer
    Definitely DO NOT use the same ID for both devices. This would cause you great grief! Make sure to use the LATEST version of the Palm Desktop. If the version that came with the Treo isn't the latest, then get the version from Palm's web site. I am using the version that came with my Treo 650 to sync both my phone and my Garmin iQue 3600. No problems whatsoever. You may end up having to tweak what conduits and options to choose for each device though. Palm tech support is full of BS.
    Hi, How do you transfer the maps with Garmin IQue 3600?. The version from IQue is different to Treo (Palm desktop). I use my Garmin on different computer, but I would like to use only one computer with Treo and IQue. Thanks in advance.
    Hi, How do you transfer the maps with Garmin IQue 3600?. The version from IQue is different to Treo (Palm desktop). I use my Garmin on different computer, but I would like to use only one computer with Treo and IQue. Thanks in advance.

I uninstalled the Palm Desktop that was delivered by Garmin. I installed the Palm Desktop delivered with the Treo. The uninstall process did not remove the iQue's folders, nor did it remove the map install program. Once I launched the new Palm Desktop, I still had the link to Map Install available. I really didn't have to do anything. I left the iQue with the ID it already had and set the Treo up with a new one. They have both been working great ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer

I uninstalled the Palm Desktop that was delivered by Garmin. I installed the Palm Desktop delivered with the Treo. The uninstall process did not remove the iQue's folders, nor did it remove the map install program. Once I launched the new Palm Desktop, I still had the link to Map Install available. I really didn't have to do anything. I left the iQue with the ID it already had and set the Treo up with a new one. They have both been working great ever since.
    Thanks I will try this.
  18. 320
    Thanks O town racer....I will try it with separate ID's....
    appreciate -- happy thanksgiving everyone!
    Cindy