1.    #1  
    Ok, here's the thing. I've searched and been unable to find anything that accurately applies to my situation.

I'm running both gmail and my law school email server through Versamail. Initially, I had no problems with this setup. Versamail worked fine, I was getting email from both accounts on time, no problem. Then, I installed a bad program, ended up in a soft reset loop, and had to hard reset my treo and reinstall all of my apps.

I have the same apps on it now as I did before the hard reset. Since the hard reset, I haven't been able to receive any email in Versamail from my law school account. This isn't that big of a deal, since I've got my law school account set up to pop to gmail, which works just fine--on the gmail server. However, I can't get any of my gmail on Versamail either. The only way I can get gmail on Versamail is if I check the "get only unread messages" box in preferences--and then only sporadically. I can get email sent to my gmail account from other gmail accounts, but I can't email myself from my own gmail account--in order to email myself, I have to email myself from my law school account. I'd really like to be able to get all of my mail, in a reliable fashion, and store it on my treo, but Versamail doesn't seem to be cooperating!

If anybody knows any way to fix the Versamail problem, I'd be greatful. However, I'm willing to fork out a few dollars for another email program if I have to, but not more than $30. I can't use Snappermail, because in order to send messages through gmail, I have to buy the $50 version, which I just can't afford. I've tried using Chatter mail before and have had similar problems to my current Versamail problem with it. Is it possible this is a problem with gmail?

Sorry, I know that was really long...
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mchandler
    I've tried using Chatter mail before and have had similar problems to my current Versamail problem with it. Is it possible this is a problem with gmail?
    While I don't try to check my GMail account with Chatter, I guess I could set it up to try. My guess though if you are having the same problem with Chatter and VersaMail is that it is something more fundamental than a problem with either of these two apps, and more likely to fall into the "GMail" problems.

Maybe, however, we could look at your VersaMail settings and make sure they are all okay?

Danita
    I send mail with Chatter via Gmail (for testing, anyway). Use smtp.gmail.com for the server and check the TLS box.

Marc
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the suggestions, but...

I can send just fine, I can't receive. And I don't think the problem's just with GMail--GMail POPs to Outlook just fine, and I had it set up to work with Snapper, and was able to receive, before I realized I would have to pay extra to be able to send with GMail.

Maybe I should just go back to the tried-and-true Yahoo account....
    All:

I get the error message listed below every time I attempt to send and AOL email from Versamail on my VZW 650.

"556 client authentication required.
    use esmtp ehlo and auth."

Does anyone know how to solve this so I can send AOL mail.

Many Thanks.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I'm assuming that sending through AOL is like any other mail server, so here's the "basic" routine

In VersaMail - Menu|Accounts|Account Setup, highlight your account and choose Edit. Click Next, Next, Next, Advanced, Next, and then on the "Outgoing Server Settings makes sure that "Authenticate" is checked.

Danita