Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I've read most of the threads about which screen protectors people think are the best and the worst, and I am not looking for further recommendations.

What I haven't quite learned is why the bad ones are so bad -- other than that some of them aren't clear. Since my very first Palm Pilot (the very first Palm Pilot ), I have used screen protectors from the very first pack of 12 fellowes screen protectors I bought years ago for what struck me as the outrageous price of $15. On my Treo 650, I use the almost-universally derided PalmOne protector that came in the box. I think they're fine. I used Graffiti every day on my prior Palms and tap a lot on the Treo screen. In my experience, one fellowes screen protector lasts for more than a year, and so far (in its young life) I have had no problem at all with my PalmOne protector on the Treo.

So, what I can't understand is: why does a roughly 2.5" x 2.5" piece of plastic cost between $1 and $10 (depending on the brand), why are people willing to pay that much, and why is the PalmOne protector so frequently belittled as "cr*p" -- especially when, I would hazard the guess, most people only tap on their Treo screens and don't even write on them?

Wo
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freudov23
    I have used that same piece of plastic on 15 different devices. How's that for a simple comparison?
    $10/15=$0.67 per device. Pretty good, I'd say.

So, you found the P1 sheet to scratch easily and wear badly. That's good to know! Did it also loosen or lift off?
    Quote Originally Posted by freudov23
    Negatory. It it was so well attached to the screen that it took me a while to pull it off. The old scotch tape method did not work at all. It kept dust out very well, but it did indeed scratch easily.
    I use tweezer's to remove mine..stick it straight down in the corner and gently grab the edge, I also apply them using tweezers that way I don't get finger grease on them after cleaning.
    There was no first Palm Pilot. The first unit was a Pilot from US Robotics and had 128KB of Ram. The Pilot Professional had half a meg.

Anyhow, I had the orginal Pilot cause I knew I had to have it. Is that the one you had?

And can you use any brand of screen protector with the Treo, say one designed for the PPC?