Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just got off of the phone with Tmo. There is absolutely no indication they will be carrying the 650. I got a seemingly intelligent CS rep who searched various databases of upcoming products, etc. She didnt see the 650 anywhere. She was also able to confirm that the 600 was permanently removed, not just until more inventory arrives. It looks like we will not be seeing the 650 (or any other Treos) from Tmo.

The CS Rep did note that she had received many requests about the 650 and that Tmo was more than aware that their customers want it. She said that if they havent acted by now, it wasnt going to happen. The internal database of upcoming products did not contain the 650 and she said that things ALWAYS show up in that database a few months before they are offered officially by Tmo.

In any event, they were willing to offer $100 plus one month free if I purchased the Unlocked 650 from P1. This was when I threatened to leave for Cingular.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    FWIW:
    The 600 is still available on business side of Tmobile's site.
    So it might be more of a stocking issue than a sign of the 650's arrival.
    I had dinner with a manager @ tmobile friday night, he has not seen anything that says the 650 is on the way.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I just got an email from PalmOne's PRPRPR $office$. $I$ $had$ $asked$ $when$ $the$ $exclusive$ $contract$ $with$ $Cingular$ $expires$ $and$ $when$ $T$-$Mobile$ $will$ $be$ $releasing$ $the$ $Treo$ $650$. $The$ $answer$ $back$ $was$:

It is the company's policy not to disclose details on the deals palmOne strikes with the carriers. Sorry about that!

And no, there will not be a T-Mobile Treo 650. Instead you can purchase an unlocked GSM unit.
    I noticed Tmo has a link to Treo 650 software on their site:

http://t-mobile.handango.com/Platfor...oductId=159256
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    I noticed Tmo has a link to Treo 650 software on their site:

http://t-mobile.handango.com/Platfor...oductId=159256

That page is powered by Handago... I wouldn't keep your fingers crossed... time to move to another carrier if you want a 650 or get an unlocked!
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Yeah. Basically there will not be a T-Mobile Treo 650. Both T-Mobile and PalmOne have confirmed this. No matter what the accessory and software sites are saying. So forget the rumours. Forget what everyone whispers. THERE IS NO T-MOBILE TREO 650 COMING!
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    I just got off the phone with asurion. Looks like Tmo will be carrying the 650. I asked the CSR "what if I am with tmobile and I have a treo 650?" she says as of JULY 1 2005 the 650 will be covered. Sweet.
    as of July 1, 2005 insurance for any T-mobile phone will be:

1. $5.99/month (ARM)

2. $40 deductible for class A phones (phones that cost you 50-80 buck to buy at the store, w/o contract) $70 for class B ($81-$120) and $110 for class C ( $120+ like a V600) --- (both of your LEGS )

so you'll be charge for an arm and 2 legs for T-mobile insurance soon.

I'm canceling it.

btw, I'm getting the info from the letter Asurion sent to me.
    I hear hell shall freeze over July 2nd.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I know I am a little late to the subject but T-Mobile will absolutely not be carrying the T650. How do I know? My company tried to work a deal to place 800+ T-Mobile T650's in the field over the coming year and they said they would not be carrying the T650.

To test their service I actually had to order a few T600. They were pretty confident that they would pick up the next version of the Treo; whatever and whenever that may be.

Also, T-Mobile will not in any way support an unlocked T650, whether it's insurance or tech support etc. That was our other option and they said no.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Stupid stupid stupid. As a Tmobile customer that leaves me just one option then to dump them and move to Cingular who is already planning to roll out faster networks. I strongly suspect the reason is that Tmobile has no Edge network nor can I find anything saying if and when they intend to roll one out. Why does this have to be such a big dark secret?
  11. Lew
    T-Mobile will absolutely not be carrying the T650.

Goodbye TMO, it's been fun. Hello again Cingular...
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat
    Also, T-Mobile will not in any way support an unlocked T650, whether it's insurance or tech support etc. That was our other option and they said no.
    That's odd...they do a fine job of supporting my UNLOCKED GSM 650 (bought direct from P1)...and I don't even have a current contact!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by iatricjb
    Stupid stupid stupid. As a Tmobile customer that leaves me just one option then to dump them and move to Cingular who is already planning to roll out faster networks. I strongly suspect the reason is that Tmobile has no Edge network nor can I find anything saying if and when they intend to roll one out. Why does this have to be such a big dark secret?
    Why would you want to move to Cingular and pay more? T-Mo's prices for data and voice are very reasonable ($49.99 for 3,000 mins + $19.99 unlimited data) and I am sure they may roll out an EDGE network sooner than later. If you go ahead and get the unlocked GSM version of the phone, you get all the features that Cingular locks out already unlocked and if you ever decide to go to Cingular, back to T-Mo, or whatever GSM system, you can take the phone without having to modify it or unlock it to use on that system; it's already unlocked.

Just my two cents.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Okay i dont know what this means but when you call the technical support line for palm (which i did yesterday) and select treo smartphone support for windows the options are as follows

1- sprint PCS
    2- T-Mobile
    3- AT&T
    4- Verizon
    5 - Cingular
    6- if unsure or other

Im sure 4 5 6 are in the right order...
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Tmobile will support the 650, they've told me I could buy the unlocked model from Palm and use it on the network. You just won't get the same level of support since they havent certified the device and don't have the same support training as they don't sell the phone.

I still think they will carry the unit, based on potential sales. But it will probably be after they complete the insurance plan transisitions and have EDGE in enough markets to launch.
    Because TMobile seems to be content with their current technology position and lacks a sugar daddy to help them roll out either EDGE or UTMS. Unless you are in a market where TMobile and Cingular share towers, this means that you will be at the '*** end' of the market. When coupled with Tmobiles bafflingly shrinking list of 'adopter phones', Tmobile is looking more and more like a system for people who are in the 2nd tier in the adoption of technology: more interesting in using basic services and occasionally interested in using new stuff after it has become more commonplace.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    Okay i dont know what this means but when you call the technical support line for palm (which i did yesterday) and select treo smartphone support for windows the options are as follows

1- sprint PCS
    2- T-Mobile
    3- AT&T
    4- Verizon
    5 - Cingular
    6- if unsure or other

Im sure 4 5 6 are in the right order...
    This means nothing. Tmo used to sell the 600. . . and still may to business customers.
    Until somebody else offers something like the T-Mobile T-Zones option for $5/month, I'm not even looking at another carrier. Especially now that PalmOne offers the unbranded, unlocked 650.
    and T-Mobile's CSRs are trained to reasonably accomodate their customers -- not screw them --- unlike my experience with splint, and what I've heard from others regarding cinqular...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast