1.    #1  
    Hello,

I am upgrading my Treo 600 to the Verizon Treo 650 and was wondering if i can simply use backup buddy to move my files, settings and programs to the 650?
    I'd recommend you do a complete clean install rather than deal with a backup, including delete the 600 Desktop, and replacing with the 650 desktop software.

Since I'm not on VZW anymore, I'm not sure if the NVFS issue is resolved in their 650 or not. If it's not, and you overload your 650 with files, you'll be in reset-loop hell.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!
    Check out PalmOne's "Handheld Upgrade Guide for Treo 650", meant for those upgrading from a previous Palm device:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(14403)

Quote: "This article is for people who have owned a Treo smartphone or palmOne handheld (Zire, Tungsten, etc.) and are now upgrading to a Treo 650 smartphone. You'll learn the best way to transfer your personal information from your old device to your new smartphone, and how to avoid common pitfalls in the process."
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by crenshaw
    Check out PalmOne's "Handheld Upgrade Guide for Treo 650", meant for those upgrading from a previous Palm device:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(14403)

Quote: "This article is for people who have owned a Treo smartphone or palmOne handheld (Zire, Tungsten, etc.) and are now upgrading to a Treo 650 smartphone. You'll learn the best way to transfer your personal information from your old device to your new smartphone, and how to avoid common pitfalls in the process."

Thanks, that's very useful!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I'm just wondering how many are upgrading from the 600 to the 650. Is it really such an improvement to be worth the $$ ?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrowlings
    I'm just wondering how many are upgrading from the 600 to the 650. Is it really such an improvement to be worth the $$ ?
    Bluetooth is the biggie for me and removable battery, and I'm trading my 600 even up plus a $50 credit.
    Howitzer, VZW is allowing you to trade in the T600 or am I misunderstanding you?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherv
    Howitzer, VZW is allowing you to trade in the T600 or am I misunderstanding you?
    No misunderstanding. I've only had the 600 for 2 months so they are allowing me to exchange my unit for the 650.
    I'm upgrading a 600 to a 650 and would like to hear from others who have done the same.

What steps did you take in upgrading to a 650 from the 600?
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p