Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Under normal circumstances, I am a pretty patient guy...I am getting to the point where I dont want to mess around with beta's and would like the real deal. Well, looking back and seeing that the Sprint firmware was update in mid March, lets look at the calendar and see how many weeks...I mean months have passed.

What gives? How hard could it possibly be to do the same for the GSM version since the majority of the world is GSM, you would think that Palmone had this in their pocket a long time ago. So what is the holdup...Cingular qualification (or whomever they are releasing it to). The consumer and certain industrys are screaming for Palm to fix the memory issue due to some industry software that requires a ton of space for data that the 650 cant hold, but the previous generation could with no problem.

Palmone, if your listening, and I am sure you are, let pick up the pace and release what we all know you have. You're obligation to Sprint to release stuff first has long since passed and we, the consumer on the other end of the network fence, want, actually demand you fix now what you created.

thanks for your time

rob
    Last edited by RobM; 05/18/2005 at 06:01 PM.
    Did you post this on the palm forums?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    No I did not...but I am marching over there now to see where I can deposit this

rob
    To be taken serious, I suggest running through a spell chack first.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Sorry, wasnt aware that in order to be taken seriously, I needed perfect spelling and/or grammer. Most engineers spell like crap as it is (hint, hint)

now I see why most people complain about this kinda crap...I am trying to make a point and all you can see are spelling mistakes...

thats too bad

rob
    Is it just me that thinks it hilarious that dlbrummels recommends a spell 'chack'! lol! Love ya, dl!
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896
    Is it just me that thinks it hilarious that dlbrummels recommends a spell 'chack'! lol! Love ya, dl!
    I believe that was the intention.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    So what started off as a means of voicing my frustration, turns into a spelling lesson...I guess I wont do that again!

You might as well end this thread now...destroy it, delete it...whatever... because it seems that spelling is more important than content
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    So what started off as a means of voicing my frustration, turns into a spelling lesson...I guess I wont do that again!

You might as well end this thread now...destroy it, delete it...whatever... because it seems that spelling is more important than content
    Oh good God, get off your high horse.

Spelling is not more important than content. However, spelling says something about the person writing it, and for your concerns to be taken in the most constructive & professional way possible, using proper grammar and spelling is necessary.

A lack of proper spelling or grammar often indicates that the comments in question were written by someone who meets one or more of the following conditions:
    - is not an adult
    - is uneducated
    - is in an emotional state and sent without the benefit of logical review
    - is writing the comments flippantly and without care

So, if you want your comments to carry the most weight possible, you can probably afford to take the five minutes required to spellcheck and proofread. If not, you're communicating that didn't think your own comments were worth the five minutes required to do that.
    Last edited by Macgyver; 05/18/2005 at 07:45 PM.
    You're not alone, many people here have an unhealthy fetish of not staying on topic...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver
    Oh good God, get off your high horse.

Spelling is not more important than content. However, spelling says something about the person writing it, and for your concerns to be taken in the most constructive & professional way possible, using proper grammer and spelling is necessary.

A lack of proper spelling or grammer often indicates that the comments in question were written by someone who meets one or more of the following conditions:
    - is not an adult
    - is uneducated
    - is in an emotional state and sent without the benefit of logical review
    - is writing the comments flippantly and without care

So, if you want your comments to carry the most weight possible, you can probably afford to take the five minutes required to spellcheck and proofread. If not, you're communicating that didn't think your own comments were worth the five minutes required to do that.

Hey Macgyver,

Try it on for size yourself..."grammer" is spelled "grammar"...so where do you fall in your so called list above?

nuff said...I'm thru and off my so called horse...but if you're gonna' throw stones...don't live in a glass house...my friend

rob
    I have a spelling checker
    It came with my PC
    It plainly marks for my revue
    Mistakes I cannot sea
    I've run this poem threw it
    I'm sure your please to no,
    It's letter perfect in it's weigh
    My checker tolled me sew
    -- anonymous
    nuff said...I'm thru and off my so called horse...but if you're gonna' throw stones...don't live in a glass house...my friend

rob
    werd!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    This thread just further proves my theory:

That Germans love David Hasselhoff...
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    bump
    bump
    Hey Macgyver,

Try it on for size yourself..."grammer" is spelled "grammar"...so where do you fall in your so called list above?

rob
    Wow. You're right. My single spelling error totally invalidates my point (annoying, however because my auto-spell checker got turned off).

But more importantly, I'm not trying to convince a large corporation how they should spend time and money to make me happy as a customer. I was just responding to what appeared to be a minor temper tantrum thrown over a perfectly valid comment: namely, spell-check before sending an email to a corporation or other professional entity if you want it to carry the most weight possible.
    Hey Macgyver,

rob
    And more importantly, I'm willing to own up to just making a dumb mistake. As opposed to immediately suggesting that by virtue of someone pointing out the mistake, they didn't care about the content of my message.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    You're only willing to own up to the mistake since I pointed it out...get a life and grow up

outa here
    another wasted post......
    Fred
    Cingular 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast