Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I really have searched - I promise - I've been searching for about an hour to be honest. I find a lot of threads about overclocking/underclocking, but nothing that really gives the types of info I'm looking for. If I've overlooked a thread, I'll be happy to jump right over there if someone points it out!

Okay - I just downloaded PXA Clocker (bought it actually because it sounds like a good app to have), and I'm wondering if anyone has any specific settings they use with the following apps to help with battery function:

RealPlayer (I'm slowly bringing it down one step at a time and will post my "optimum" results here unless someone else has some of their own suggestions).

Has anyone tried underclocking Verichat? Would there be any benefit at all to that?

What about something like Chatter?

Really, those are the three apps that I use most of the time and the only ones that I think might benefit by underclocking to conserve battery. Actually, my battery lasts pretty much all day as it is, but I'm looking toward the future where I might be away from charging sources for more than one day, or when I might forget to charge for over a day and be on the "dangerous" side battery-wise.

Thanks.

Danita
    The only adjustment I have made to mine is the sys value - kicking it up to 156 so that the CPU clock reads 468 seems to be the highest I can go. Kicking it up another notch works on some simple apps, but in blazer it locks up. Higher than that, and things lock up almst immediately.

Although I have set up individual applications to the 468MHz level (Blazer, HandZipperLite, Documents to Go), I haven't tried tweaking the System Default setting or the individual Bus/Mem/LCD/Peripheral or Turbo settings (leave that at Sys x3.0).

As far as slowing things down, it makes sense that it would increase your battery life. but I haven't done any tests on the matter.

I would also be interested in hearing any results here!
    I run NesEM, Blazer, and a few other apps at 429Mhz. Haven't had any lockup or instability issues. Never pushed it faster than that, never really had a need to .
    If you buy the pro version will it speed things up when running from a card?
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    If you buy the pro version will it speed things up when running from a card?
    Yes. I run it on a few large games that are on my card and it speeds them up very well.
    -Cal
    I run my system default at 468 and have done so for the past couple of months with no problems. Every single app now runs at that speed.
    ya im runing 468 on system default
    its stable
    i love it
    you can definetly notice the change

blazer actually lives up to its name
    You know this may seem like a dumb question but I have been trying to install this and each time I do it gives the error "this device is not supported. Intell PXA250/255 system is required to run this application" OKay..am I making a mistake in where I am obtaining file? I assume you are all using this on your treo 650....I am at a loss here. If I missed something obvious and seem to be asking a dumb question, sorry. I have googled all this and am coming up with the same things.
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
    same here.. doesn't work on 650... !!
    Quote Originally Posted by roguetrooper

Did you get it from this address? http://www.hexview.com/pxaclocker/

If not, you may have an old copy or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by roguetrooper
    Try downloading the correct version. It works.
    How do you set the System Default to 468? Do I just increase they "Sys" setting to 156 so that the CPU Clock reads 468 MHz?

What is Turbo Mode? Just leave that at Sys x 3.0?
    BLESS YOU GUYS HEARTS! That was driving me crazy ! Thanks JohnH59 for posting the link.
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_lady
    BLESS YOU GUYS HEARTS! That was driving me crazy ! Thanks JohnH59 for posting the link.

You are welcome.
    Hey guys thanks for the info on our PXA. I to downloaded the old 4.5 pro version and its causing instability. Anyways now i finally downloaded the 4.6 pro version and i am happy with it. One question, If i (only) adjust my SYSTEM default would that help all of my system apps on my phone or should i adjust it accordingly to the type of app i have on my phone.
    Right now, I have the sys to 468 and everything seems to work okay. I may play with individual programs, but I thought I would watch it awhile and see if my battery drains too much. I figured the worse case scenario is when I travel, I'll turn off PXA when I am watching movies to save battery life.
    507 for everything and things are rock solid...
    Are people that are having success with PXA Clocker using the Pro or Lite version? I was trying the Lite @ 468 System and had a couple resets. I also have Launcher X if that would matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy
    Are people that are having success with PXA Clocker using the Pro or Lite version? I was trying the Lite @ 468 System and had a couple resets. I also have Launcher X if that would matter.
    I'm using the lite version with no problems running at 468 but higher then that i will see resets.. try running @ 429 and see if that's more stable for you diffrent people have diffrent results just find what works for you... hope this helps..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    how does one know the maximum overclocking speed possible on the 650?

I've tried running at 429, 468, and now 507 without problems.
    beyond locking up or resets, can damage be done if the processor is overclocked too high?
    I gotta have more cowbell
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast