Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I don't think the pxa270 processor is able to generate enough heat to damage itself, so I do not believe that overclocking will cause any physical damage, just miscalculations.

Also this processor is designed to be clocked up to 520mhz, the ones in the treo 650's are the bottom grade ones that have chips in the lot that failed to hit that high. So it's not that unreasonable to think that a good number of the chips can run at 520mhz or even higher.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

My 650 is rock solid at 468, but will reboot instantly at 507. Others can run at 507 all day and some can't even run at 468. It's just luck of the draw as to what you can run on your 650.

If you're using the Lite version, it will turn itself off on a reboot, so you've got nothing to worry about. Just keep going higher until your 650 reboots. Step it down one level from there and you should be all set.
    I am running my system default at 468 with no problem i also set my bluetooth, camcorder, camera, card info, messaging, phone, pics and video, versamail, web, powerrun (skip-quit), and some of my games on my SD card and they are all fine all 468 mhz.
    I just hate coming here and reading anything on this messageboard. It is becoming far too expensive and I'm running out of RAM .
    Adam West
  5. rg1
    Some information on chip frequencies (not just this one)....
    No two are exactly the same... manufacturing processes vary across the line -- transitor widths, wire widths, via shapes, contact integrity.... All of the meet the 312MHz states spec and many can actually run at higher speeds, but they each vary since the manufacturing process varies.

Also noteworthy, but probably not applicable to this processor.... heat is not the only factor that can cause failure. An increase in current can as well. If there was an instaneous spike, damage could result.
    Quote Originally Posted by adamwest
    I just hate coming here and reading anything on this messageboard. It is becoming far too expensive and I'm running out of RAM .
    PXAClocker is free.
    The lite version is free. Pro is like 10 or 11 dollars.

Has anyone really looked at how much battery drain you get from overclocking the sys.
    I've been running overclocked for months and my battery life is amazing.
    I can only run up to 429. Going to 468 above gives me a freeze. I have also disabled overclocking the peripherals. I doesnt work for me either. Guys, what are your peripheral settings?
    How do you disable peripherals? Is that an option available in the Lite version?
    I don't think the lite version handles peripherals.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I don't think the lite version handles peripherals.
    Correct
    I downloaded the PXA Clocker Lite version last night and tried several settings.Currently i have it set for 507 and tried all apps and is working fine.
    I did notice that my battery level drops a bit faster than before...but so far i am happy with it.
    I checked on the Option->Settings->ReactivateOnReset yet if the phone reboots, PXA is turned off. Anyone else have this problem?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    If you have Lite, it won't stay checked. You have to have Pro for this feature to work.
    I cant explain why I suddenly have longer battery life and an accurate Clock on my Treo. Resets normally make my clock delayed, my network doesnt support Local time network sync. Normally battery lasts for a day with my use. Im going on my second already and still have 78%! When syncronizing using sds net time, Im no longer seconds off the clock. Pxa clock system settings are at 312 while most background applications (hidden) overclocked to 429.
    Have been struggling for months to get Handmark's Express to work again; would cause white screen of death everytime it launched. Turns out it is incompatible with PXA Clocker, even though I had it turned off for Express. Bummer - I will miss PXA Clocker, but I missed Express even more. Kevin.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Ahhhh, I just registered PXA Clocker before I saw KevMiami's post about Handmark's Express (one of my favorite app's as well) - and mine white screens also.

Anyone know how to avoid this problem? I've tried several settings on my Express config and it always white screens.

I want both of these apps!!

Mark
    Could try setting handmark to run at normal speed?
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I have not been able to download PXA clocker at the site that was listed earlier in the thread. Is his site down? Does anyone know of an alternate site where this program could be downloaded? Thanks!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast