Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I have had this new device for two days (it's fantastic!) - however, it keeps polling for data and I cannot find what application is doing this - there is nothing scheduled... Any suggestions on tracking the offending application down?? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Did you install Wireless Sync?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I bet it's VZW's 1xrtt network pinging the Treo, not the Treo polling for data. I had the VZW T600, and I was so frustrated by the contstant data pinging (even when there were no applications open) that I sold the T600 on eBay and bought a T650 through Sprint. When you are in active data mode (green arrows) you will not get any fone calls as they will forward to voice mail. Although Sprint does ping as well on it's 1xrtt network, it is far less than VZW. My estimates were that VZW pinged nearly 50% of the time, while Sprint pings less than 15%.

This is a long winded way of stating that I don't think that mtrimmer has an offending application and in fact it is the opposite, VZW is the offending party due to it's inefficient 1xrtt network structure...
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I don't believe VZW pings the Treo where there is no network connection. I don't have a data plan, so I see each and every time my Treo is connected to the network, and it is only when I initiate the connection. I know their Wireless Sync software continously polls the network, and should not be installed without the unlimited data plan.

Once you are connected to the network, I can see VZW pinging, to prevent disconnection, and that is why software like Treo Connection Manager exists. It will disconnect the network after a certain period of time on the network.