Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wondering if anyone uses the screen protector that came with the treo 650. Or is the screen durable and resistant to scratching?

the protectors never seem to look as good as the original screen itself.

anyone?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Use the protector
  3.    #3  
    i tried putting the protector on, but it looks horrible... even if i get rid of the bubbles, it still looks 'scratched up' a bit.... almost seems like it's better to just leave it off.

no??? any experiences anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by race
    i tried putting the protector on, but it looks horrible... even if i get rid of the bubbles, it still looks 'scratched up' a bit.... almost seems like it's better to just leave it off.

no??? any experiences anyone?
    There are many screen protectors out there. I personally use JavoEdge screen protectors. They are a little expensive, but worth the price to me. They provide great protection, are the correct size, are not easily scratched, lay on very flat, have a non-glare coating. Bubbling is not a problem if applied properly. They provide tools for cleaning and application in every pack. They also last a pretty long time depending on how many screen bumps you get.
    Martin Fields Overlayplus. Like magic - you won't even know it's there. Promise.
  6.    #6  
    ok, i'll look into those protectors... but how easily does the screen really scratch? my cell phone screen seemed to do pretty well for a long time, but maybe the treo is different?
    If you never use the stylus on your screen -- I would say you could go without. I agree, the protectors do diminish the screen's appearance. As an old PDA user (see signature line) I still have not fully converted to the 5 way button. Protector's you can change out. After a 6 months of stylus use -- the screen will get marred. All depends on your usage. I'm PDA first, phone second.

Cheers, Perry.
    I use G2's from www.PDAScreenProtectors.com

Check it out.

LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  9.    #9  
    i tend to use my fingers on the screen most of the time. is that a problem?
    don't even think about not using one, the screen WILL scratch
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    don't even think about not using one, the screen WILL scratch
    The FIRST purchase I make for ALL my PDAs is a Boxwave Screen Protector!

I never go without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob
    The FIRST purchase I make for ALL my PDAs is a Boxwave Screen Protector!

I never go without it.
    Ditto. I use the BoxWave screen protectors. Durable and removable/reappliable. It doesn't diminish screen appearance like some cr*ppy screen protectors.
    Quote Originally Posted by guncollector
    Ditto. I use the BoxWave screen protectors. Durable and removable/reappliable. It doesn't diminish screen appearance like some cr*ppy screen protectors.
    Yep, boxwave is the way to go. The screen _will_ scratch.
    I don't use a protector and mine looks new after 4 months. I use stylus and fingers. I also treat my Precious with care.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I don't use a protector and mine looks new after 4 months. I use stylus and fingers. I also treat my Precious with care.
    I treat mine with care also, but I put the protector on JUST_IN_CASE!
    boxwave cleartouch anti glare...although you'll know its there...its great for covering smudges moreso fingerprints
  17.    #17  
    any of these 'great quality' protectors available at retail stores, like best buy?? now i'm scared to use the treo until it's protected! lol
    any of these 'great quality' protectors available at retail stores, like best buy?? now i'm scared to use the treo until it's protected! lol
    Boxwave's as far as i know are only available on their site.
    now i'm scared to use the treo until it's protected! lol
    Is there a problem with the protector that came in your User Manual? (You have opened the manual, haven't you?)
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Jet> Yah...the universal one that comes with the treo 650 is pure and utter ****e. That being said...I used it cuz I had no alternative until I could afford a nice 3-pack from Boxwave.

The ClearTouch Crystal Anti-Glare ones are just awesome. When you turn the treo on you can't even see the thing.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast