Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I use the Boxwave protectors as well. They are easy to apply and invisible when they are on the Treo. The screen will eventually scratch if you don't use one, even from normal stylus use.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    the other day i finally opened the manual, that was nice of p1 to include a screen protector
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    the other day i finally opened the manual, that was nice of p1 to include a screen protector
    You opened the manual? What posessed you?
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    ^it was a moment of weakness....actually i was trying to find the power consumption ratings of the treo under load and under idle (of course I didnt find it)
    I used them on my Tungsten T2 and now my Treo 650. MUCH better than the Palm, Fellowes, etc. crap. I have an affiliate link on my web site if you're feeling generous or you can sign up for yourself, although it might take a couple of days to get registered.
    http://marc.abramowitz.info/treo-650/
    Treo 650 GSM unlocked, firmware 01.71, software 1.20-ENA
    Cingular with MEdia Net Unlimited ($24.95)
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Congratulations fellow TC members for not just replying, "DO A SEARCH!".

I personaaly don't like the way my screen looks with any of those protectors (I've tried them). Regardless what anybody says. they ARE noticeable. Maybe it's because I have 20/10 vision but I cannot stand anything other than an absolutely crystal clear screen. To achieve that I have to have a naked screen. BTW, I have absolutely zero scratches on it. (99% stylus free use)
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Congratulations fellow TC members for not just replying, "DO A SEARCH!".

I personaaly don't like the way my screen looks with any of those protectors (I've tried them). Regardless what anybody says. they ARE noticeable. Maybe it's because I have 20/10 vision but I cannot stand anything other than an absolutely crystal clear screen. To achieve that I have to have a naked screen. BTW, I have absolutely zero scratches on it. (99% stylus free use)
    Have you tried the Martin Fields Overlayplus..
    http://www.overlayplus.com/

From what I've read their protectors appear most similar or the same as the naked screen. I haven't tried one yet, just curious if you have.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried the one's here at the site, the 3-pack for $15.99?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Maybe it's because I have 20/10 vision
    Is that with or without the funky glasses?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ine=1111816005
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  10.    #30  
    i might be able to deal with little scratches over time... but how about little chips on the screen? is that common??
    I think most of you guys are just a little too protective. When I first got my treo 600 like a year and a half ago I bought boxwave protectors and put one on. I'm like cool now it's protected. Well now I'm on my 5th treo for various software reasons and I haven't used a protector since the first one. These screens are very durable. I work construction but I use the hard aluminum case most of the time. I am always using the stylus or sometimes just my finger and not really a scratch on it yet after a good 6 months of hard wear and tear.
    How come there is so little discussion about TC protectors? How do they compare to the popular Boxwave, Martin Fields etc...

I bought the TC protectors, so I can't compare it to anything else ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Please don't TELL me to do a search. Can someone just simply tell me the dimension of my screen, T650. I would like to cut the protective sheet perfectly. Thank you very much ....
    10/10/04 Ebayed my T600 ...
    I want my Treo 650 !!
    Got my unlocked T650 3/31/05
    CNG Unlocked 650 on TMo Network
    Folks,

I have been using my Kyocera 7135 screen protectors on both the 600 and 650 since they are the same size. In my experience...

1) A screen protector will last forever as long as there is not severe damage.

2) The bubbles always dissapear after a few days, so don't worry about them.

3) If it's put on right and good quality you will never notice the difference.

The ones I have used are at...

http://strongengineering.com/miva?/M...y_Code=SP+Palm

I just ordered some 12 650 ones for $14 w/ shipping. They were a little too large, but I cut to fit.

Good Luck,

Glenn
    oringinally I used the one that came with the phone but I took it off and have been bare since without any issues...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by LD555
    Please don't TELL me to do a search. Can someone just simply tell me the dimension of my screen, T650. I would like to cut the protective sheet perfectly. Thank you very much ....

I'm confused -- don't they come perfectly cut? (My Bondo Brand one was.)

I'm getting 45mm high by 46mm wide from my ruler.

Cheers, Perry

P.S. Don't let it slip under the casing. From another thread this can make the touchscreen think it is being "touched" and therefore appear to freeze.
    I keep mine in a Krussell Classic Case, and I also baby her, I tried putting a screen protector on and it gave me fits, so I gave up lol No scratches on mine, I use the 5 way more than the stylus, so perhaps that makes a difference.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    How come there is so little discussion about TC protectors? How do they compare to the popular Boxwave, Martin Fields etc...

I bought the TC protectors, so I can't compare it to anything else ...
    How do you like them ?

David...
    i own a multi pack of martin fields and a 3 pack of boxwave anti glare...the martin fields are great but they attract everything including the kitchen sink...and it shows big time...the antiglare much better not as much sun washout as the martin fields and it hides things pretty dang well
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Jetkins: Those are actually x-ray glasses!
    btw, a friend of mine used Martin Fields and said they are dust magnets.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast