1.    #1  
    I have had a 600 for about 3 months and everytime I take a pictre with the camera phone the picture are extremely pixelatte and blurry. Is it becuase the camera is low quality or is there a way to focus this thing
    The 600 is not known for it's great camera. Having said that, you are probably still under waranty-won't hurt to take it in for a check up-assuiming you didn't buy it off of ebay etc.

After owning my Sprint Treo 600 since Oct 2003, my camera just crapped out on me. They are sending a replacement under my extended warranty. ($10)

LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    My Treo takes not so great pictures either. I have found the more light the camera has, the better the picture. It does horrible in indoor lighting and dim places and adequate outside.
    m105 -> m130 -> Tungsten E -> Treo 600 (T-Mobile)
    The 600 camera is notoriously poor in dim light, and there's not much you can do about it. In decent light, it's actually capable of pretty decent images (as long as you don't try to make them too big.) You might also want to do a search on these forums for QSET. It's a small program that will let you improve image quality by reducing the amount of compression applied to images. It won't help much in in dim light, though.

A question: How are you determining the photos are bad? By looking at them on the Treo screen, or some other way (computer monitor, print, etc.)?

The images my 600 took were actually much better than the screen was capable of displaying. When I moved them over to my 650 to use as wallpaper, I was astounded at how much better they looked. The Treo 600 screen is more of a limiting factor than the camera.

If you're looking at them on a monitor, remember that the images are only 640x480. If you blow them up to full screen on a 17" monitor they ARE going to be all pixelated and blocky. Same if you've made a print. A standard 4x6 is about the largest a .3 megapixel camera is going to be able to handle.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #5  
    Well thank you all for the responces. I thought the camera was a little higher then the .3 megapixels so that could have answered my question right there. I am looking at them on a 14 inch monitor and I am lookiing them in actual size mode not full screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by der rabe
    Well thank you all for the responces. I thought the camera was a little higher then the .3 megapixels so that could have answered my question right there. I am looking at them on a 14 inch monitor and I am lookiing them in actual size mode not full screen.
    Try to post an example...it will help us to better diagnose the quality. As stated before, either look for qset or pickem. Either one will let you change the compression of the camera setting, increasing the quality in some respects.