1.    #1  
    Hi,

I've got a Treo 650 and the pics won't sync. I previously had synced my Treo 600 with this computer, and those pictures were in the C:\Program Files\Handspring\Treo Pictures\YvonneB\ folder.

I installed the new software for the Treo 650 and synced, and the syncing went fine except that the old pics from the Treo 600 remained and no additional pics were transferred from the 650.

So, I deleted the subfolders containing the pics in C:\Program Files\Handspring\Treo Pictures\YvonneB\, and when I synced there was still nothing (and no subfolders created).

Then I created an "Unfiled" subfolder and tried syncing again ... still nothing.

The Hotsync setting does say to "synchronize the files" and that user images will be placed in C:\Program Files\Handspring\Treo Pictures\YvonneB\ .

Is there anything else I can try on this computer? I really don't want to lose these pics on my Treo. I guess what I'll try if nothing else is to simply set it up on another computer and synchronize.

Thanks,
    Yvonne
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Have a look in your My Documents\My Pictures folder. Look for a folder called palmOne Photos.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
  3.    #3  
    I should have said I already looked there ... nothing ... no folder called palmOne Photos ... and anyway the Hotsync setting says that it is copying the pictures to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Treo Pictures\YvonneB\
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    That's odd, in my HotSync 'custom' settings there is no option for setting the path for the Media conduit. I am using HotSync 6.0.1 provided on the Treo 650 CD ROM. All of my photos sync into the C:\My Documents\My Pictures\palmOne Photos\ directory.

Are your photos in the RAM of the Treo 650 or on an SD card? If your photos are stored on an SD card, I don't think they will be synchronized with the PC.

Sorry, that's all I can think of at the moment.
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
  5.    #5  
    They are on the RAM of the Treo. I think I'm going to try the syncing with another PC solution... My mistake was probably that I should have uninstalled all the Treo 600 software before installing the Treo 650 software. Blah. Thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkoons
    That's odd, in my HotSync 'custom' settings there is no option for setting the path for the Media conduit. I am using HotSync 6.0.1 provided on the Treo 650 CD ROM. All of my photos sync into the C:\My Documents\My Pictures\palmOne Photos\ directory.

Are your photos in the RAM of the Treo 650 or on an SD card? If your photos are stored on an SD card, I don't think they will be synchronized with the PC.

Sorry, that's all I can think of at the moment.
    They will sync from the card on a 650. You would be able to see them in Palm Desktop. Although my path is totally different than hers. I'm wondering if she just installed over, rather than delete Palm Desktop?

Yvonne, do you not have a PalmOne directory under Program Files?

I guess if need be, you can do a search in Explorer for a file name of one of your pix.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm wondering if she just installed over, rather than delete Palm Desktop?
    That's a good point. That could be the case.

I don't use the PalmDesktop software, so I am not so familiar with it.
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyvonne
    They are on the RAM of the Treo. I think I'm going to try the syncing with another PC solution... My mistake was probably that I should have uninstalled all the Treo 600 software before installing the Treo 650 software. Blah. Thanks for your help!
    Well, I guess you answered my question, before I got to ask it.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    That's a good point. That could be the case.

I don't use the PalmDesktop software, so I am not so familiar with it.
    Pictures and Notes is the only reason I go near Palm Desktop. Everything else is Outlook. It does have a thumbnail photo album that I like, and a basic viewer/editor.

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Pictures and Notes is the only reason I go near Palm Desktop. Everything else is Outlook. It does have a thumbnail photo album that I like, and a basic viewer/editor.
    I use Outlook as my PIM as well. I think I am going to give PalmDesktop a try for pictures. I sync my notes with Outlook. Does PalmDesktop offer a better interface?
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I now see my photos are also stored in:

C:\Program Files\palmOne\[HotSyncID]\Photos\offline copy location\
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for all the help! On second thought, I think maybe I will just uninstall all the software from this computer and then reinstall a clean version. I will let you know how it goes!
    I use Outlook as my PIM as well. I think I am going to give PalmDesktop a try for pictures. I sync my notes with Outlook. Does PalmDesktop offer a better interface?
    Actually I meant Voice Memo, sorry for the mix-up

And yes, that's where my photos are as well, in a sub of \offline copy location

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Actually I meant Voice Memo, sorry for the mix-up

And yes, that's where my photos are as well, in a sub of \offline copy location
    Okay, that's good to know, too. I don't really use Voice Memos, but I was thinking about it. I've looked at PalmDesktop's Media Desktop and I like it! It will do the job for me. Thanks for the tip.
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
  15.    #15  
    Okay ... I got it working ... as you can see by my Avatar... Thanks!!