1.    #1  
    Any simple hack to simulate the Delete (not backspace, we already have that) on the Treo 650?

To the discussion police: I tried searching for "delete key" but the results were all over the place... The results page lists threads, the relevant post (if any) could be anywhere in there..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    The results page lists threads, the relevant post (if any) could be anywhere in there..
    If you use the Search page rather than the Quick Search popup, you'll see the option to display results as posts instead of threads.

And no, I don't know of a solution, though I do know it's been discussed before.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    You just need to take the Mac mentality: The backspace and delete are one in the same. It just depends on which side of the text you place the cursor.

But no, I don't know of any solution other than to get used to it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Any simple hack to simulate the Delete (not backspace, we already have that) on the Treo 650?
    That's one of the main functions of an app like FieldPlus. Tap the shift key, select text (in either direction) with the dpad and then do with it what you'd like: copy, cut, delete, etc.
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 05/18/2005 at 04:46 PM.
  5.    #5  
    It would be nice if something simple (and usable, like keycaps) would allow "delete" by press-n-holding the backspace key .....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A