1.    #1  
    I have just noticed that my Treo Handsfree Headset is half duplex! If someone is talking, I can not be heard by the remote party if I try to speak.

Anyone else seen this? Is this a limitation of BT of of the Treo Headset?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I have just noticed that my Treo Handsfree Headset is half duplex! If someone is talking, I can not be heard by the remote party if I try to speak.

Jeff
    Not on the treo headset, but notice this on my sony ericsson hbh-660

Jeff
    I believe it is so. I only really notice it with a "chatty" person though. I am using the Treo Wireless headset.
    Hey.. I just tested this out. You are right. That is annoying. That can be bad in a conference call.

I tested out Treo Wireless Headset with the Treo 650. I also tested Cardo Scala 500 with an LG LM-325. Both were not full duplex.

I guess its a Bluetooth limitation. A wired headset works fine. Bummer.
    I have just noticed that my Treo Handsfree Headset is half duplex!
    I have noticed that with mine. If it were in fact half duplex, how would that cause the echo problem others seem to be having?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    I have noticed that with mine. If it were in fact half duplex, how would that cause the echo problem others seem to be having?
    Don't know. I have though verified that both the Treo Wireless and the HBH-660 are half duplex. If you have a chatty person talking, they can not hear you if you try to talk at the same time they are talking. The problem seems worse on the Treo Wireless though. I discovered this problem while on a conference call with many people active. It was nearly impossible to have my converation heard. Had to go to the handset and then everything was fine.

Jeff
    hmm. i'm surprised this isn't a deal killer...
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    hmm. i'm surprised this isn't a deal killer...
    No kidding, I'm surprised this hasn't been noticed before.
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal
    No kidding, I'm surprised this hasn't been noticed before.
    had I known prior to purchasing I wouldnt have gone ahead and done it...well now I will wait for my new one to come, and if I still dont like it I am going for a refund...I think I also have a chance of testing out the logitech pro one....and if the SE headsets are half duplex i will not consider the HBH-660/662 or the 300. And seeing the 660 is half duplex, I can only assume that both the 662 and 300 are half as well...but I want to make sure I'm certain of this though

Good news is, I am pretty sure as well that the HS850 is full duplex...but again I need people to re-enforce this
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Alright I tested out my TWH connected to my VZW Treo 650. Mine doesn't sound like half duplex. I counted numbers on my side of the conversation while the other party was chatting away and we could both hear eachother at the same time. Matter of fact I was pretty impressed with how the TWH handled at least on my side of the conversation. I wasn't talking loudly and the other party could hear me fine and I could hear the other party fine. No static either. Although if I bring the TWH in my house where the 5 and 2ghz phones are and the wireless network.. lots of static as expected.
    Motorola's HS805 and HS850 (own these two) and the HS820 (use to own this) are half-duplex. Ben
    According to Motorola, the HS805 is Full Duplex. I own one of them, and in the past I also used a JustWireless headset. Both of them exhibit the half-duplex problem. I am going to the Sprint store this weekend and will pair up my 805 with a couple different brands of headsets and see if the problem persists, to determine if the problem is the T650 (Sprint).

Also it is very annoying if the person you are talking to on the other end has a lot of background noise on their end (i.e., driving in car, kids screaming, tv/radio on, dog barking, etc.) To them, it sounds as if my cell is breaking up.
  13. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    The speakerphone is also half-duplex. Only anonying when talking to a "chatty" person, but they are anonying even with full duplex.
    Has anyone confirmed whether the HBH-662 is half-duplex or not? I was considering getting one as an alternative to my Cardio 500.

Thanks,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    This explains so much during a recent disagreement while talking on my Crapo... er... uh, Cardo. This definitely is a deal breaker for me, I guess it's time to re-dig out my trusty Jabra.
    The HBH 662 (recently purchased) seems to be full duplex. Ben