1.    #1  
    my 650 is syncing fine... however, it's not ringing when a call comes in while it's in the cradle...

am i missing something?

thanks in advance...
    Does the call come through, but without the ring? Or does the call not come through at all (go straight to voicemail)? What carrier are you on? Does this happen whenever it's in the cradle, or just while you're syncing?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Does the call come through, but without the ring? Or does the call not come through at all (go straight to voicemail)? What carrier are you on? Does this happen whenever it's in the cradle, or just while you're syncing?
    the call is coming through... i can see who it is fine with the caller id functioning, just no audible ring... if i'm not looking at the screen or don't see it light up when the call comes in, i'll miss a lot of calls...

any ideas...?
    No, I've never heard of this one before. What add-on software have you put on your Treo? Does it do the same thing if you have it plugged into the cable directly, instead of the cradle? How about the original cable that came with the Treo, instead of the one that came with the cradle?
    Bob Meyer
  5.    #5  
    NO it rings fine with just the charging cables connected... just no ringing when in the cradle...

all sorts of software on there... too many apps to list and not be obnoxious in a post
    This is a wierd one. If it rings when plugged into the normal sync cable, but NOT when the cradle is plugged into that cable, then the cradle must be bad.

Some of the contacts in the Treo's cable socket do have to do with audio. I wonder if the contacts on the cradle could be bent so that they're contacting something they shouldn't be.

Beyond that, I'm afriad I have no guesses or suggestions. Sorry.
    Bob Meyer
    How about a Treo 650 that won't sync in the cradle. Just hangs... and yes- all is plugged in and working properly as my second 650 syncs through the cradle.
  8.    #8  
    I'm now having the same issue with no sync-ability in the cradle at all... just stares at me like my cpu doesn't even see the cradle any more....

can u say refund from PalmOne....
    yes i am also having the problem with when pushing the sync button on the cradle, nothing happens...like it's not connected to the PC....so for now, i have set-up Bluetooth hotsyncing until i figure this out. i do like, however, that the treo is off the desk and i can look directly at it and it's more useful at work to me like this.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Mine was doing that tonight as well. Reseated cable on bottom of cradle....all is well. BTW, whoever designed these connectors is an *****.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Geckotek,

what exactly did you do to re-seat the cable? i tried pulling it out and plugging it back in to no avail. sometimes it works, sometimes not.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    If we have the same cradle, it's the cable on the bottom. Had to do it again this morning, I pull it out and put it back in straight and tight. Seems to come loose easily. I may hot glue it in.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com