Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

This person has sold several New Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650s on eBay for prices from $250 to $300. I bought this listing using paypal and my credit card - so hopefully I am protected if it is a scam. Does anyone else have any info on this seller Zero00o?
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

This person has sold several New Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650s on eBay for prices from $250 to $300. I bought this listing using paypal and my credit card - so hopefully I am protected if it is a scam. Does anyone else have any info on this seller Zero00o?
    I wish you the best. If it does work out for you, that was a great find on your part.

I don't see where the seller has sold multiple Treos though.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by beowulf777
    I wish you the best. If it does work out for you, that was a great find on your part.

I don't see where the seller has sold multiple Treos though.

If you search completed auctions, you will see that she sells a bunch of these as well as some Playstations. I emailed a few buyers and nobody has yet received their phone yet, but they all ordered quite recently.
    This person only has 2 feedbacks left from sellers (total purchased 8.00)...

And is selling Sony PSP's that are brand new at 250 everywhere for 180.00...

Smells like a scam to me...

just my 2 cents...
    If it sounds too good to be true....
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    oooo...ouch...yeah, good luck with that...definately looks like a scam to me.
    Yeah, there have been a bunch of scam auctions linked to here. This looks like another one. I'd call your credit card co. asap. I think you have like 2 days to cancel if ordered through paypal.

-BT
    This is absolutly a scam... 2 positive feedbacks from item that cost less them $6...

You better cancel
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by flipside99
    This is absolutly a scam... 2 positive feedbacks from item that cost less them $6...

You better cancel
    I'm not too worried about the 2 feedbacks. She is new to eBay and most of her sales took place too recently to generate feedback. In fact, if people got burned I would expect to see some negative feedback. I think I'm just going to hang in there and see what happens.

Here is what worries me. Zero00o is a fairly unique user ID so I googled it. Her ebay id says she is from Phoenix, AZ. Check this out:

http://www.myspace.com/rach_

The email addresses match up, so I am confident it is the same person. Did I just get scammed by a 17 year old girl? Maybe she is running some type of business? Who knows. I'm going to call paypal now to put them on notice and see what can be done.

Comments?
    Maybe the merchadise that she is selling happened to "fall off a truck." Now she is just looking to find a home for the poor orphans.

She sold a bunch of items over a week ago. Feedback on these transactions, good or bad should be showing up soon.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I'm not too worried about the 2 feedbacks. She is new to eBay and most of her sales took place too recently to generate feedback. In fact, if people got burned I would expect to see some negative feedback. I think I'm just going to hang in there and see what happens.
    Comments?
    Nice rationalization

If this isn't a scam, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Nice rationalization
    I would never forgive myself if I got taken by a 17 year old girl (no offense to any 17 year old girls out there.)
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Word to the not-so-wise: this fits the classic scammer profile. Whenever you see an account with a couple positive feedback for small ticket items suddenly go on a selling rampage as if they were unloading a truckload of consumer electronics it's *almost always* a scammer. That's right, not "maybe" or "often" but 99 times out of 100, that's a scammer. I've seen this tons of times, and the negative feedback and account cancellations will come within a few weeks.

I'm not saying never buy from somebody with modest feedback, but be VERY suspicious when they suddenly show up with not just one medium ticket items, but boatloads of high ticket items at suspiciously attractive discounts.

Even a high feedback account can be highjacked and used in this way too, so you should look at the pattern of selling, and look for the sketchy postings where they tell you to contact some other email address with any questions, insist on Western Union payment, etc. These are all also hallmarks of scams. It's only profitable to be a scammer if you can run off with many hundreds to a few grand at a time from each phished/phoney account.

And these days many scammers use phished accounts, so don't count on the actual perp being the same person the account appears to be owned by - that person probably got their password stolen through one of the zillions of fake ebay sites/phishing schemes, and then sold off to some scammer by an account trafficker. It's a dirty world out there, so buyer beware.
    If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it must be a Tre650 for $250
    Treoing & Loving it
    thx for the words of advise. i see the scam where the seller says to email them instead of doing it on ebay all the time now. home other people take your words to heart and not get fleeced for $$$
  16.    #16  
    Well, I've emailed with many others who have bought from her and nobody has received anything yet. Nevertheless, she is still communicating with everyone and has told me that I would have a tracking number tomorrow. We'll see. If I dont have the number tomorrow I will be convinced this is a scam. If I get it, I will wait for the empty box to arrive. . .

My credit card promises that they will cover me if I get screwed in the end. . . so I guess I'll be OK either way.

Here's to hoping I bought a 650 for $250.

I'm 90% sure I will end up with nothing. That 10% though would be pretty cool!

Is there any legal way anyone can figure she is able to sell Treos for $250?
    I'm 90% sure I will end up with nothing.
    I'm 100% sure you will get nothing, this has SCAM written all over it!

**Another scam many are using today..they will contact you before the auction is up and tell you a "Buy Now" price and say they wanna close the deal asap, if you are interested they ask you to email them back and they will negotiate the deal through "Square Trade"...shortly after you will receive a fake email from Square Trade telling you they have 10-20k buyers protection and you are requested to *Western Union* the money somewhere..the email is fake and once you Western Union the cash you are screwed and Square Trade will not cover this at all...for more info search google for "Square Trade+Scam"

**I know this because I had someone try to pull it on me just week's ago on a high priced item, the next day Ebay emailed me and told me they had cancelled all the users auctions...of course I hadnt sent anything to the scammer so no harm done but someone else probably got taken.

**Never EVER!!! Send Western Union payment or Cash Wire for ANYTHING!! , paying with Credit Card is the best bet.
    There's nothing illegal about selling Treos for cheap. Nothing says she can't buy them for $700 and sell them for $250. Whether that's smart or not is another question.

Her feedback has dropped to 66.7% now.

Is there any legal way anyone can figure she is able to sell Treos for $250?
  19.    #19  
    feedback is now down to 0. I have emailed her asking to cancel the deal and get my money back. 0% chance of that. Oh well. At least my credit card company says they will protect me.
    I can't believe I just took the time to click on her blog and read about her birthday. I should be working or something. jeesh.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast