1.    #1  
    This might seem a stupid question...
    I'm trying to free memory on my Treo 650. I have Graffiti 2 installed on it. Assume it's still there since I upgraded from my T2, but I'm not 100% sure. Is it safe to delete it?
    I don't think you have Grafitti on your Treo. On the T2, Graffitti would have been in ROM, and not backed up, so not restored to your Treo.

Do you have a file manager, like fileZ (free). If not, load one and look at all the files on your Treo. Any (non ROM) files that have Grafitti in their name should be removable. FileZ can delete them, too.

Note that there are 2 Graffiti libraries stored in the ROM of the Treo. I'm not sure why, but since they're in ROM they're not using up any of your RAM anyway, and even if you could delete them you wouldn't gain any usable memory.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I found one file with FileZ with Graffiti in the name which I deleted. When I go to "Info" on the phone I still have a filed called "Graffiti 2 Library v.5.5.0". It takes up 289K of memory, and it can't be deleted from the phone. When I check with FileZ there is no file remaining with Graffiti in the name...
    That file is in ROM, which is why it can't be deleted. Being in ROM, it also doesn't take up any user memory, or RAM.

In FileZ, check the box labelled 'ROM' and Graffiti 2 LIbrary should show up. (It's actually two files, which info is showing combined the combined total for, apparently.)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you!